Maschine (Mikro!) question: Can it replace a piano for melodies? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

again adding to this from all the wrong ends, the Mikro will be $399 MSRP and street is $299? amiriteoramirong?

I've been craving to make sweet sweet love to a Maschine...
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trackt View Post
    I just had to find out if the Maschine could be the true portable all in one!
    It's not perfect at that. But it's damn good. It doesn't work well with things like vocals or guitar. I think it works best when recorded into a DAW like Logic or Pro Tools (or Ableton, or Cubase, or whatever…I just prefer those two). And I don't think it's the only controller you need…but I got spoiled doing mixdowns on an ICON console.

For composition…you can do just about everything. For recording, you want a real recording system, especially if you're going to add vocals or do any serious editing. For mixdowns, you kinda want a mix controller that fits your budget and needs (preonsus faderport, euphonix stuff, ssl nucleus, icon consoles, or anything like that).

The Maschine isn't "everything," but it's damn good at what it is (an awesome groove box that integrates with DAWs incredibly well).

Cool cool, thanks Mostapha.

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    ive heard $349 street
    $349 is $50 more what I hoped for. I think NI should price half the features for half the price. Obviously they will smear on your face the full software suite upon questioning the price but if the full thing is $600 it should be $300. Just like the S2 should be $400, half the S4 price.

I hope the iMaschine comes optimized for Ipad!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12