LED pulse mod on my midi fighter (beat phase monitor?)
    Tech Convert

Default LED pulse mod on my midi fighter (beat phase monitor?)

Hi everybody,

Today I had the time to do the LED mod on my midi fighter. All works great (as seen on my attached video), but I want to have my LED to pulsate using the beat phase monitor. Is this possible? Because I cannot find the midi mapping for the LED in the list in traktor (pro 2).

I'm using the deckalized + instant gratification mapping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xK6udHAELs

Tech Mentor

I have mine set to be the output of the Beat Phase Monitor for the Deck Focus, with a controller range of 0-0, inverted. This gives me a very short pulse EXACTLY on the grid.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

DJ_dB, how, exactly, did you go about mapping that led? I have no idea how to even find that led.

can anyone ID this part? i dont know how to use it/what its for,
    ... i am preparing to do the MF LED mod. .
    many thanksIMG00269-20120401-1916.jpg

Tech Student

Looks like a smd resistor. Usually to power and LED you need a resistor to keep the LED from getting too much power and burning out. Those things are somewhat of a pain to solder unless you have some practice and/or a really steady hand. A good pair of tweezers can help when you're trying to position it.

Quote Originally Posted by edgji View Post
    Looks like a smd resistor. Usually to power and LED you need a resistor to keep the LED from getting too much power and burning out. Those things are somewhat of a pain to solder unless you have some practice and/or a really steady hand. A good pair of tweezers can help when you're trying to position it.
    Definitely an smd something. Definitely tough to solder.

Tech Convert

That's a resistor. But a very small one .
    Best thing you can do is to go to an electronics supplieer and ask for a normal resistor used in electronics. They are easier to solder.
    They look like this (they can have a blue color instead of brown):
    carbon_film_resistor.jpg

Edit: And it needs to be 220 Ohm if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by 1voud; 04-23-2012 at 04:50 AM.

220 ohm resistor for a blue light. If you choose to use an LED with higher voltage drop, it's okay to use a lesser resistor. I actually put a 150 ohm resistor on my board for a blue LED and it gives it just a little more brightness.