X-Session alternative?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default X-Session alternative?

I'm almost set, and starting to put together some mixes (coming soon) with a Launchpad (2+2 setup) and a nanoKontrol (for fx, deck levels, master, cue, and 9th knob for xfade)

The only thing I'm missing is EQ, and I am looking at the M-Audio X-Session controller. Is there anything else like it? It looks cheap, but I just want some knobs (and the xfade would be nice...). It looks like it would be easy to break. Any thoughts?

I almost feel like I might as well get some cheapo dj controller (Numark Mixtrack) just for the EQ, and then I'd have some extra buttons (and jogs for fx sweeping)

What I really need is something to control EQ [i]in the box[/]. Any thoughts?

The only alternative I can think of is some DJ Mixer that can be controlled via USB/MIDI, like DJ-Tech's new X10. Buuuut! That kind of stuff is rather costly. I'm sure there are X-Session users here that can vouch for it's build quality. :P
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Mentor

That seems to be an analogue mixer with usb soundcard (like serato mixer without the serrato)

I'm trying to stay out of the Faderfox price range

I would like some confirmation either way about the quality of the X-Session though - any takers? or other suggestions for alternatives?

i used mine for over a year and i never ran into any problems with it...
    mind you the faders and knobs arnt the best, but they do the trick and take a beating for a price.

Quote Originally Posted by LmnLm3 View Post
    I'm trying to stay out of the Faderfox price range
    That was going to be my next suggestion. :U!
    But, pertaining to my previous suggestion: Couldn't you use the analog mixer and set Traktor to external mixer mode?

Edit: DJ-Tech still does have some other ones that might be worth looking into, like the Mixer One, or the DJM101. Both are two-channel only though.
    Last edited by Onimode; 09-01-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

i've been using my x-session for a year plus (i got it used)...i have had no problems with it...

lots of buttons and sliders to monkey with...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

M-Audio UC-33e. Looooooooooots of pots, faders and some buttons (but with a launchpad you should have enough of those anyways).
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    Edit: DJ-Tech still does have some other ones that might be worth looking into, like the Mixer One, or the DJM101. Both are two-channel only though.
    I have the djm101, it's pretty good cheapo controller, vu meters, decent pots n faders with 8 select channels and x fader curve adjustment. Def value for money.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    I have the djm101, it's pretty good cheapo controller, vu meters, decent pots n faders with 8 select channels and x fader curve adjustment. Def value for money.
    +1 for the djm101 and u can find them pretty cheap 2nd hand.

i'm going to setup my icon idj for controlling effects. the pots are pretty close together but it has a boatload of them, plus buttons and some pretty responsive jogs.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

My brother has an xsession and it holds up pretty well.can't beat it for the money imo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast