NEw DJ HElLp!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEw DJ HElLp!!

Tech Wizard

Default NEw DJ HElLp!!

Hi!!!
    Im a new begginer bedroom unexperienced average guy that like the dj scene (plus i live in mexico) lol
    That wants to get some gear to throw some parties ( i have a little studio/partyroom) at home so i would like i little help to decide what cntroller is the best for djing live like mashups ( disco, hiphop, regueton) and that kind of stuff that u hear on a night club...i aready have a mixtrack pro with vdj7 pro... But i feel that i need more... So i bought a midifighter classic and a midifighter pro to use it with traktor pro 2 ....im actually using my mixtrack pro mapped to the traktor... But i feel that i need more control over the software.. What would u recomend me to use To make cool mashups And that kinda of stuff, ? Thanks!!

jesus dude, to be honest you have over kill with 2 midifighters. though the mixtrack sucks, upgrade to something better, with a full mixer section.
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Tech Wizard

yeaah i know.. 2 are too much.. but i get exited on them and i bough 2 at the same time .. but its ok they look really cool... what mixer do u recommend me??somenthing w/o jogwheels? ireally dont know.. s4? wait for the s2? .. i want somenthig that i can controll 4 decks thats for shure!

Then i suppose u need the s4
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

yeah if you have the cash, get the S4
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Or an NS6. Just putting it out there.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

How much cash do you have to burn? It sounds like you got some disposable income there...

If you got the cash I would go for 2x 1200's preferably the m5g's cause they have digital pitch controls, add in a mixer like the denon x1600 for timecode control, 4 channels. Then something like 2x SC2000's for the other 2 decks.

Otherwise just get an S4 like everyone else recommends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaek View Post
    How much cash do you have to burn? It sounds like you got some disposable income there...

If you got the cash I would go for 2x 1200's preferably the m5g's cause they have digital pitch controls, add in a mixer like the denon x1600 for timecode control, 4 channels. Then something like 2x SC2000's for the other 2 decks.
    not sure how any of that relates to what the OP actually asked about...

personally i wouldn't buy any other additional controllers for now, unless you really want to do 4 deck mixing.

you have stacks of controls available - all you are really missing is some pots/faders etc to control eq/levels on either decks c+d or sample decks.

a cheapo controller like an lpd8 or djm101 would give you some additional pots you can map - but personally i'd look again at all the controls you do have and get into some creative mapping...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

If you're doing everything in the box, and LPD or a nanoKontrol would be good - the mute/solo buttons on the nano can be mapped to anything (I have mine mapped to FX on and FX select to scroll through them) You get plenty of knobs and buttons, the only thing you don't have is a horizontal fader, but you already have the mixtrack. If you don't need jogs, then I wouldn't worry about getting a better controller like S4 or the like.

Maybe a Twitch, but I've heard mapping can be less fun that using it with Itch, ymmv.

I have Launchpad and nanoKontrol and that's it, 4 decks, Traktor 2 Pro, done and done.

Tech Wizard

oh thanks.. thats a real god advice! ... i do have 2 nanokontrols.! and the midifighters. ive read somenthing abou the m5gs but i dont really into scratching.. ill gues ill try to map everything and wait for the s2. or the new release that ean golden its oding on oct 2d... a new product... thanks god i do have some money to spend on that .( i do not work or make money for djing its just a hobby THAT I LOVE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast