Midi Fighter Spectra mapping idea
    Tech Wizard

Default Midi Fighter Spectra mapping idea

I always used my midi fighter classic with my S4 with instant grat, and it did a great job. Now I have a spectra and it got me thinking about how I could use a similar mapping to take full advantage of the spectra's extra buttons. I however have minimal technical knowledge, so not even sure if its possible. But with the only mapping available for the spectra being the DeckGrat one, wonder if it could be modified like this:

Essentially it gets rid of the deck controls on the top row and replaces them with more InstantGrat FX (dunno if its possible, but sure we add different increments to current FX presets). Toggle on middle right button to change to a cue point mode, would this be possible to chnage spectras lights at same time? The toggle on the right is just wishful thinking tbh, adding a whole other page of InstantGrat would be amazing if possible. But maybe it could be a page where 8 of the buttons are the masher at increments, and the other 8 the gater.

Let me know how possible you guys think this is. Thanks!
    Last edited by tekki; 01-29-2013 at 06:49 PM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

If there's possibility to switch between MF four banks using side buttons this could be able to accomplish.

Tech Wizard

Not sure if the Spectra supports 4 banks, can't access menu mode.

Quote Originally Posted by DnBass View Post
    Not sure if the Spectra supports 4 banks, can't access menu mode.
    not even if you use a TWO BUTTON function when you map it?
    i mean say
    Shift 2 + shift 4
    and this would give a secondary command to your SHIFT 4 button

not dice?

Resized image!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Mapping Psycho

The Spectra does have 4 banks mode, you can set the side buttons to skip to next/previous bank or make buttons dedicated to specific bank numbers. Use the utility to accomplish this.
    But I really think it the basic stuff can be done with just one single bank. You need a shift button for switching between fx/cue point mode. I would have the side buttons like this:

Focus A Side Button 1 Focus B
    Toggle Fx Mode/Cue Mode Side Button 2 Extra FX Page or Remix Deck HD
    Focus C Side Button 3 Focus D

does anyone know the color values for the spectra buttons? apparently they're different from the 3D