Ignoring the touch sensitive portion of the DDJ-T1 jog dial with Traktor Pro 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Unhappy Ignoring the touch sensitive portion of the DDJ-T1 jog dial with Traktor Pro 2

Hey guys,

I've got a guck question for you. I've got a gig this Friday and I'll be using the Pioneer DDJ-T1 with Traktor. Throughout my DJing career I've only ever used CDJ-1000s and CDJ-2000s so am a bit worried but still excited for the gig to try out new things. The only issue I'm having is the behaviour of the Jog Wheels on the T1. When a track is playing if I push the jog wheel forwards or backwards from the edge, they act like they normally would in CD mode on a set of 1000s/2000s (speeding up or slowing down the track), but if I was to try the same thing by pressing on the top touch-sensitive platter, they act as vinyl records, so if I hold it down, the track stops completely. If I hold them down and move forwards the track moves forwards but is prone to distorting like a record, and if I hold the platter down and move backwards the track rewinds rather than just slowing down.

What I'm hoping for is a way for Traktor to ignore the press of the Jog Dial all together and then they would only be used for speeding up/slowing down.

I hope there is a way to do this in the mapping but I can't figure out how. I'm using the mapping directly from Pioneer with Traktor Pro 2.6. It can be found here

http://pioneerdj.com/support/product...&p=DDJ-T1&t=72

Thanks!

Aren't CDJ's the same? outer jog wheel for pitch bend and the top of the jogwheel for vinyl control?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Aren't CDJ's the same? outer jog wheel for pitch bend and the top of the jogwheel for vinyl control?
    nope.. there is a vinyl mode button on CDJ's, but to the OP.. Did you try the "active" button?
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    nope.. there is a vinyl mode button on CDJ's, but to the OP.. Did you try the "active" button?
    The Active button doesn't do it. Isn't that for looping?

dunno, don't have one
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Convert

If it's not possible to do this through Traktor, is there a way that I can get my Mac/Traktor to simply ignore the MIDI notes responsible for pressing the jog wheel down? That way, Traktor would only ever see me speeding up or slowing down the track and never "scratching".

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

DDJ-T1 jogwheel send two different CC massages depends on touch 'n' turn or simply nudge on side part. You should be able to read which massage is sent via touch 'n' turn then scroll trough commands list and delete duplicates named 'jog turn' and 'jog touch'. Part two would be reading 'the nudge' CC massage and then looking for same CC named 'jog turn' > duplicating it and assign with touch.

This way both CC will pitchband your tracks.

Tech Convert

That's the problem I've got though, with the mappings, there is no mention of Jog Turn or Jog Touch. It just simply works like that. Do you own one yourself? If you could share a config file with me I'd really appreciate it.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I don't own one... Was helping once with mapping for this unit where I saw full MIDI diagram. What do you mean there is no jog touch and turn commands? Which version do you run?

Tech Convert

I'm using 2.6. When I tried to add the mapping into Traktor there was no device control that corresponded to touching the Jog dial. Do you have access to that mapping?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast