Jester's X1 Mapping MKII (2 deck, FX + EQ Modes)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arrow Jester's X1 Mapping MKII (2 deck, FX + EQ Modes)

Hi guys. Here is my latest mapping for the X1 designed if you would like to use it as a mixer. It is very much an "either/or" type mapping as you will not be able to utilise effects if the deck is in EQ mode. I also whipped up a jpeg and hope it kinda makes sense. I'm happy to answer any questions and help if you wish to use this as a base and make some of your own tweaks.
    Enjoy

Last edited by Jester; 08-30-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Hi Jester,

Thank you for all your hard work. I am planning to get a new controller for Traktor by the end of the month and have been considering Novation Twitch or two Faderfox DJ3 units. Now when I see your mapping, the X1 is also going into consideration.

I was wondering if it is possible to have two X1 units working together in order to have complete control over 4 decks - A, B with the first and C,D with the second. I am not using sample decks, so the same mapping on both X1s would work great for me.

Sure, you can run 2 like this: A/B C/D or A/C B/D

Also if you buy an X1 before the end of september, you get traktor 2 free
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Just picked up my X1 today.

Going to be giving this mapping a go as I don't have a mixer at the moment.

This uses the NHL protocol yeah?

you bet.

Tech Mentor

Okay I got your mapping loaded and been playing with it. Most of it is pretty intuitive.
    The only bit which doesn't make sense to me is why changing from FX to EQ mode kills effects units 1 and 2.

I know in your jpeg it makes it clear it does that but what is the advantage in doing so?

Also changing either deck from FX to EQ mode kills both deck's FX units 1 and 2, which means if you have an effect going on 1 and want to change deck 2 to EQ mode you can't cause it will kill effects on deck 1.

thats easy to change or delete if its not to your liking

Tech Mentor

I want to know why you like it! Maybe I could be doing something better!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Kaek View Post
    Okay I got your mapping loaded and been playing with it. Most of it is pretty intuitive.
    The only bit which doesn't make sense to me is why changing from FX to EQ mode kills effects units 1 and 2.

I know in your jpeg it makes it clear it does that but what is the advantage in doing so?

Also changing either deck from FX to EQ mode kills both deck's FX units 1 and 2, which means if you have an effect going on 1 and want to change deck 2 to EQ mode you can't cause it will kill effects on deck 1.

I agree. I usually play with FX and EQ settings at the same time in order to come up with some interesting combinations.

Sweet mapping Jes. It almost makes me wish I didn't have a mixer... which is weird.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast