Pioneer new controller! - Page 7
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I'm no pioneer fan usually but, at least they included something that i think is missing from a lot of other controllers, led feedback on the jogs ( and of course volume led feedback on the faders ). Because i find it a major drawback no to be able to tell where the music is when looking at other jogs, something you can only have two solutions for, moving platter ( either because you are using a turntable, cdj, or ns7 ), or led feedback ( ns6 ). I realize it's something that only appeal to someone who scratches or does beatjuggling/turntable tricks, but i think it should be standart.
    I'm pretty sure there is a sound card inside that think too ( with the headphones plugs, jack and small jack on the front left ).
    And here's to hoping you can detach those feet or else it will be a pain to transport.

Over all I say let's wait for the price, but with those features, i think it's going to be around 600 eur.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    that looks like crap.
    yep, not really surprised..pioneer has failed again at controllers

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

On the plus side ... even if it is crap, being Pioneer, being a controller and being a pro DJ equipment "name" will (hopefully) mean less of the hate being talked about using controllers in general in a club environment.

Strange as it sounds there are still quite a few peeps who don't realize who or what native instruments are and that the s4 is a decent brand name, likewise people think of numark as the "my first dj" manufacturer without considering the likes of the ns7/ns6.

Now that Pioneer are in the game it legitimizes controllers across the board somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Now that Pioneer are in the game it legitimizes controllers across the board somewhat.
    Very true. Looks like a piece of crap (initial reaction), but I won't pass judgement until we know full details, pricing and whether or not the jogs are up to snuff.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Looks like it should be paired with this ....

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

How in gods name is this a fail from Pioneer... You guys are nuts.

It doesnt "look like a toy" unless you think everything thats mainly plastic looks like a toy. Its not like it looks like Fisher Price.

Its Pioneer. It will work and it will be of a standard that might not blow us away but it will be solid and it will attract newbies who want to buy into the Pioneer name.

They have obviously learned that the DDJ-T1 was is too big and that people complain that the S4 is too big. They have also realised that the DDJ and maybe the S4 come in at a price range that isnt been taken up by that many real beginners so i imagine this is their entry level controller.

Makes perfect sense to me. If this come in below well £500 it will sell.
    People on here get too carried away cus we are already well informed about controllers. Weve all got/had our VCIs and MidiFighters and S4 blah blah but there are millions that havent and they dont give a f*ck about controller history .

It will probably come with a Manufacturer Edition of Traktor 2 (thats my guess, certainly not based on anything ive heard)

I know we are always looking to companies to innovate but they dont always need to. They just need to bring out whats gonna sell.

Poo!
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

That wasn't meant for you Karlos by the way,
    It's meant about the product

I'm not a pioneer fanboy, the only thing I own that's pioneer is an old 80's amp, which I do like and has a nice warm sound

I'm really a A&H fanboy..... So that explains it

I don't like how company's nowadays keep on flooding the market with gear,
    Ok some of the releases will become classic/industry standard

But most of it will disappear and be forgotten about.

Sorry to go ot

Tech Wizard

if it's less then 600$ then yea it could be considered a nice entry level controller. granted if i bought that i would def. need to snap those legs off if they don;t come off
    | 13" Macbook Pro | Novation Twitch | Kontrol X1 | Bose QuietComfort 15 Headphones | Traktor Pro 2 | Serato Itch |

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast