Pioneer new controller! - Page 4
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

back on topic please guys. any more info on this?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

As far as controllers vs DVS is concerned. Once you've established yourself, wherever you are, I don't think it will be an issue if you play with whatever equipment you want.

As far as this teaser, I don't think pioneer understands that they will have to compete in this market. They are not the 'industry standard' for controllers and their will not be an industry standard for many years.

Therefore, people will not pay x2 for their products.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I think I've never seen before a two deck controller with jogwheels and strip-search (not counting the V7).

I'm excited to see what innovations Pioneer has up its sleeves.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Wizard

aww man look pretty sweet! and yea others mentioned before it's above the 400-600$ price man i wouldn't bother even looking at it. But damn i am kind of getting jealous of all the new smaller portable controllers cus i just recently ordered the twitch and all of the sudden i see new cheap controllers start to come out giving so many new options. anyways time will tell if this baby is worth it or not....
    | 13" Macbook Pro | Novation Twitch | Kontrol X1 | Bose QuietComfort 15 Headphones | Traktor Pro 2 | Serato Itch |

i am kinda hoping its for twitch because other than native instruments' own controllers (S4/S2) the jogwheels dont play too nice in traktor (eg. the ddj-t1 has a very slight sticker drift last time i tried it while the ddj-s1 for itch has really responsive jogwheels, im not sure if they addressed the issue in a newer update of ddj-t1)

also from past experience with pio cdjs that i had (400 & 900) traktor hid mode jogwheel response isnt very good in traktor
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Mentor

A CDJ is a controller. Just thought you all should know. On topic though...it is a Pioneer product...going to be overpriced and made of cheap plastic...like usual.
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by LaOnda View Post
    As fun, creative and cheap controller are, they will never become a standard. All the DVS, CDJ guys will still make fun of you when you bring your toy looking controller to a booth.
    Maybe in your world, but in mine no one seems to give a fuck, and yes, I play out regularly with pro djs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    The thing is, its pioneer. itll cost the same as twitch and the S2 combined and have half the features.

Also: Take your midi/artist hate to DJforums or something, not here.
    This. And from the photo it looks like they've mounted the whole thing into a baking tray. Maybe it's multi purpose.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

If Pioneer learns their lesson I'll pay the price.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

meh!

doesnt look very 'pioneer-ry' if ya get what i mean?

the 2 channel controller market is a tad crowded and knowing Pioneer it wont be cheap

bit of a waste oppurtunity seeing as the DDJ-S1 & T1 were 2 years too late....

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast