Pioneer new controller! - Page 22
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Where does this "X2" rumour come from?
    Simple...

[youtube]mxO1QQRLbBM&start=36[/youtube]
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Awesome X1 offer = X1 soon to be discontinued and replaced like they did with the awesome traktor scratch pro/duo 1 offer..?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Awesome X1 offer = X1 soon to be discontinued and replaced like they did with the awesome traktor scratch pro/duo 1 offer..?
    this
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

yummy!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Are we sure it's an X2? I'm hoping for a L1 or something. :P
    NI branded B12 would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by LaOnda View Post

As fun, creative and cheap controller are, they will never become a standard. All the DVS, CDJ guys will still make fun of you when you bring your toy looking controller to a booth.
    just like the original vinyl guys did with DVS and CDJ,
    and at the end of the night... who has more control over the music technically....

Standard or not for clubs... the pioneer has mixers to some degree a standard.

Things change to much for the club to have a "house" controller for djs who forget them or work differently.

Im sure Pioneers new controller will be great for some, but ultimately covering the range of what someone more or less needs to get through a creative dj set. While the cdj guys are cleaning their cds from scratches and dealing with broken usb drives, and DVS guys getting dust in their needles... The controler guys will have to chuckle a bit knowing they dont have to worry about this. NI s2 and s4 imho should be standard if anything

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    NI s2 and s4 imho should be standard if anything
    i dont think any controller would ever become a *standard* plus there's no single controller that would suit all dj's...

def not a NI product anyway - unless it's likely to play nicely with a competitors bit of software like itch etc - else you're also mandating what software is standard. plus the S2/S4 that u cite have relatively small jogs so never going to be a standard.

plus a "standard controller" is a bit of an oxymoron imho.

at this point the only thing with big enough jogs that is likely to become a standard is what already is i guess... cdj's. they can be used in hid mode can't they?

if i was playing out in clubs right now i'm pretty sure thats what i'd be wanting to use, maybe with an additional controller, not trying to replace the standard club rig.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I wish the future standard was space for a controller + laptop in the DJ booth + 6 power outputs and a cable ready for the mixer or amp.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Im sure Pioneers new controller will be great for some, but ultimately covering the range of what someone more or less needs to get through a creative dj set. While the cdj guys are cleaning their cds from scratches and dealing with broken usb drives, and DVS guys getting dust in their needles... The controler guys will have to chuckle a bit knowing they dont have to worry about this. NI s2 and s4 imho should be standard if anything
    And while the Controller guys are busy trying to figure out why the USB port isn't working, the software is crashing, soundcard is making noise and why the laptop keyboard stopped working after it got a tiny bit of beer spilt in it ... the CDJ guys pull out the spare from the backroom, plugs in 2 cables and start spinning again

In all honesty the "new standard" IMHO will be some kind of media player from pioneer similar to the CDJ but without the CD bit and some kind of onboard software with waveforms / transpose etc. Some kinda bastard child hybrid along the lines of a single deck SCS.4dj mixed with a CDJ2000.

I hear that. I love how people talk about how awesome it is not to carry all their vinyl and then instead carry a laptop, audio interface, controller, cables, etc and then have to set up. CDs are massively superior in terms of convenience.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!