Pioneer new controller! - Page 21
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    Tech Guru

well ive used the one that comes with hercules controllers and the home edition of 7 both being legal although that has nothing to do with this, only difference with home to pro is 15 mins home cuts out nothing else, with my setup, bar the mapping... everything worked out of the box, i didnt have to search for vst's to use were compatability issues might affect it.

eq kill is a pain but not sure of many djs that kill all controls, one of them works, i use one without full kill but have a volume fader for that.

one thing i didnt like about vdj was 3 cue points, 8 isnt even enough but more then 3.

I guess all its down to is your mixing style and what works for you. i didnt mean to disregard vdj but just find it a lot more effort to get it working out of the box hence I didnt purchase it.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

ok cool i asked for the legal aspect because cracked versions are known to be faulty. Glad you used official versions, thats a reference point to begin with

VDJ LE that comes with Controllers is FREE (!) It doesnt add to the pricing of the controller, other than some of VDJ´s competitors. Considering it is a free version to try out, it is a serial dj software, stable and offers EVERY funtion that is labeled ON the controller. So a controller with 3 cue point buttons only has 3 cues in the software via midi. Just like Itch. A 4 deck controller offers 4 decks in the LE. Thats a fact that needs to be considered and most importantly understanded. Its a version of VDJ thats given away for free, once again, it doesnt add to the price of the controller.

What does it mean for the pioneer thingy? That it wont cost as much as if it would have been a Itch controller, BUT STILL offers the same functionality. Plug and Play, and everything labeled on the controller is in the software, just like Itch with a Itch controller. But Itch isnt free, you pay through the controllers price and Itch can´t be upgraded.

VDJ 7 Home offers 10 minutes of complete PRO version joy, as you mentioned correctly. I would ask you to just take a look at it again, feel free to ask if anything is unclear And regarding Cuepoints: VDJ supports up to 99 cue points per song, its the skin that only shows 3. Skins can be changed as mentioned before.

I enjoyed this little discussion, and i hope you and some other guys will notice the facts i brought up and take a unbiased look at VDJ again Most knowledge people seem to have about it are coming either from misinformation or are just old bugs and now fixed.

I didnt think you disregarded VDJ, and i hope i didnt across like that regards TP, as i like to use it sometimes too

hope all´s good, peace
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

any word on a Kontrol X2 yet?
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

Hoax!
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Guru

i find it ironic that a bunch of people who a year ago were complaining that nobody considered controllers viable, now are bitching about the fact that one of the biggest names in dj gear have made 3 now in less than a year, helping to make them viable.

you guys are pretty hypocritical. you know that right?
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

People are bitching about the number of Pioneer controllers?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by JazZmutant View Post
    i wanna knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww too!

Are we sure it's an X2? I'm hoping for a L1 or something. :P
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I know we don't have the technical specs yet so that's only pure conjecture but it's interesting to see it's usb powered (I'm thinking here about that in relation to the current discussions around the Twitch's volume outputs).
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JazZmutant View Post
    Where does this "X2" rumour come from?