Pioneer new controller! - Page 20
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Because your average joe DJ doesn't like change, he likes pretty much the same thing he had last time with some shiny buttons on it.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    Shipping with Virtual DJ is also a bad decision IMO.
    And why is that? VDJ can do much more than Traktor and Serato put together. It is industry standart in some places, unlike the other two. And once more and more controllers from big manufacturers ship with it, it will become more famous, believe me. Denon, Numark, Pioneer, American Audio, Hercules. They all brand with VDJ in one kind or another, and i believe they have a good reason for that.

Now, bringing it out with Traktor would be a bad decision as it would clearly take away sales from the DDJ-T1, the same with Itch and the DDJ-S1

And who gives a damn if its tailored at beginner dj´s? It has all the bells and whistles you could ask for in a serious midicontroller. Its a attractive unit, lets wait till we see some more specs
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    And why is that? VDJ can do much more than Traktor and Serato put together. It is industry standart in some places, unlike the other two. And once more and more controllers from big manufacturers ship with it, it will become more famous, believe me. Denon, Numark, Pioneer, American Audio, Hercules. They all brand with VDJ in one kind or another, and i believe they have a good reason for that.

Now, bringing it out with Traktor would be a bad decision as it would clearly take away sales from the DDJ-T1, the same with Itch and the DDJ-S1

And who gives a damn if its tailored at beginner dj´s? It has all the bells and whistles you could ask for in a serious midicontroller. Its a attractive unit, lets wait till we see some more specs
    featurewise and performance-wise it doesnt even stand up against either so id like to see why you think this
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Serato isn't the industry standard anywhere? What? It is here in the UK.
    Also every brand you listed there have released products for/with Traktor...

I will say that it is a very good program though. It has several advantages over serato and traktor.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

Nothing against the controller, it has it's place in the market. I just feel they can do much more if they were willing.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Serato isn't the industry standard anywhere? What? It is here in the UK.

Also every brand you listed there have released products for/with Traktor...
    I was thinking the same popin, every dj Ive ever seen using traktor is usually the 14 year old dj with a cracked version doing birthdays.... I dont mean that as an offence to vdj as I used this when I changed from cd's to digital but quickly outgrew its features.

traktor/serato/cdj1000 are industry standards here in Ireland, Virtual dj is what beginners seems to use (not using this as a fight, tis just facts of the land where I go)
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

lets wait till we see some more specs
    For how long?

;D!
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

sorry guys, i didnt mean that TP or Serato are not industry standarts. That would be foolish. What i ment was that VDJ is the standart in some places. In those places TP or Serato are not. They are standart in other places, like SSL in the States for hiphop, TP for EDM. Granted, more places than VDJ, but it is strongly growing lately, you have to admit that.

Featurewise and Performance-wise it can totally outdo the other two, hands down. would you like me to write down all the advantages? Or a comparision?

But honestly, you really can't compare VDJ to the others, because VDJ is in another league. The other softwares are very good at what they do, it's just that they can't do what VDJ does. VDJ on the other Hand can do everything that the others do, well, except for torqs warping. If you just want to play some music, there are at least 10 softwares to choose from. Take a pick, and you will be fine, because they all do the same very well. However, if you want to have options, there is only one choice. I can do audio, video, and karaoke with one software. If my sound-card goes on the fritz or I drop it on Friday night, I can continue to play with any spare that I want, several at once, including the on-board card. I can use any controller on the market, from the little toys, to the most sophisticated. All my upgrades are free. I can stop right here, but I wont. A great forum, quick fixes for bugs. Free samples, skins, audio and video effects. Live camera feed, live slide-show. Text to screen, and DMX plug ins, Ableton Rewire, VST and DSP effects plus up to 99 decks. I could go on, but I said all this in one breath. You are free to use whatever works for you, as i do. But cant we all just admit that its a fact that VDJ is not for kids, a toy, shitty or anything else. Cause that just seems foolish as well

I´m on hold till the 29th to see the specs. hopefully. After all its just a MIDI-Controller and can be used with whatever u wish

Tech Guru

sorry guys, i didnt mean that TP or Serato are not industry standarts. That would be foolish. What i ment was that VDJ is the standart in some places. In those places TP or Serato are not. They are standart in other places, like SSL in the States for hiphop, TP for EDM. Granted, more places than VDJ, but it is strongly growing lately, you have to admit that.

Featurewise and Performance-wise it can totally outdo the other two, hands down. would you like me to write down all the advantages? Or a comparision?

But honestly, you really can't compare VDJ to the others, because VDJ is in another league. The other softwares are very good at what they do, it's just that they can't do what VDJ does. VDJ on the other Hand can do everything that the others do, well, except for torqs warping. If you just want to play some music, there are at least 10 softwares to choose from. Take a pick, and you will be fine, because they all do the same very well. However, if you want to have options, there is only one choice. I can do audio, video, and karaoke with one software. If my sound-card goes on the fritz or I drop it on Friday night, I can continue to play with any spare that I want, several at once, including the on-board card. I can use any controller on the market, from the little toys, to the most sophisticated. All my upgrades are free. I can stop right here, but I wont. A great forum, quick fixes for bugs. Free samples, skins, audio and video effects. Live camera feed, live slide-show. Text to screen, and DMX plug ins, Ableton Rewire, VST and DSP effects plus up to 99 decks. I could go on, but I said all this in one breath. You are free to use whatever works for you, as i do. But cant we all just admit that its a fact that VDJ is not for kids, a toy, shitty or anything else. Cause that just seems foolish as well

I´m on hold till the 29th to see the specs. hopefully. After all its just a MIDI-Controller and can be used with whatever u wish
    karaoke and video make it seem more a gimmick then a musical performance program in my opinion, everything you mentioned in that made it come across to me like the all in one party solution for someone.

I like to create technical performances and have tried to do this in virtual dj and felt it was missing a lot. skins shouldnt matter, I like the sleek look of serato and traktor, fx-wise vst's can be crappy traktors built in fx are in the program... best in the game according to hundreds of reviews.

when it comes to the 99 decks, now that is just a waste, 99 decks would be rather shit to try and have controllers for and create a flawless mix and the samples that come pre loaded are tacky and cheese.

when it comes to sync and try to beat juggle I find vdjs attempt to be annoying and frustrating, it doesnt stay on beat like traktor does with its quantise feature.

im not disregarding vdj just backing up with tests ive done, Ive tried mixing on it many times and found it to be very limiting.

eq's sound shit and so does the filter, traktor is changeable with 4 eq settings and 2 filters, then standalone filter fx if needed

Yeah, its a all in one musical performance program, video and karaoke are the icing on the cake. And i´m pretty sure you wouldnt dismiss VSL cause it does Video too

Skins can matter, if the standart skin doesnt offer everything or even too much. You can add or strip it down. Create your own skin easily or use one of the hundreds that are made by the community. If you like it sleak and lean, there are plenty skins that fulfill that purpose.

Technical Performances are as possible as everywhere else, what exactly did you feel missing? Snap and quantise for example are not traktor exclusive, VDJ just calls it different. No doubt Traktors effects are the top notch, when it comes to build in effects. But there are thousands of seriously great VST´s, e.g. for Ableton. Dont think you would dismis those either. Also Traktors 12 is also a VST so guess what i can use in VDJ?

granted, noone would ever really use 99 decks. But how about 16 decks that work as a midi sampler plus 4 timecode controlled decks and 2 mic´s on 2 decks for effects and so on, that would be like 22 decks in a completely usable situation . This way you can even do more than with Traktors sample decks and 4 decks or with SP6. The preloaded samples are in the box since v2 i think. And honestly, a dj shoulnt use any stock sample besides a reggae horn and its not a really good argument against VDJ to say that the samples suck

Well, Serato has a different approach at sync also. Traktor does to much work for the dj imho because off snap and quantise features. But gladly VDJ can do this too since V7, theres a little lock besides most functions like sync or cue´s, thats what to look for

Once again, VDJ´s VST capability offers any Filter you could wish for, also any EQ. Plus it offers a real kill function instead of traktor only offering that on one of the 4 eq settings, which only makes the one eq usefull IMHO

I dont want to disregard Traktor or SSL, as i use those too also sometimes. I´d honestly like to know when you did your tests, an which version, and most importantly if it was a legal one, no pun intended

and basically guys, lets face it, pioneer surely has a good reason to feature VDj and not anything else as of now