Pioneer new controller! - Page 16
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I'm actually 14, mum bought me serato.

lol not you.

jk I'm a 42 year old man pretending to be a 14 year old boy.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

omg, just read through the thread, i had to seriously laugh once again when everyone was hyped for another TP2 or Itch controller, and when VDJ support was released its suddenly just utterly crap hahahha most of you guys need to grow your own opinions and dont just follow the trend MrPopinjay is so right, nothing wrong with VDJ. There are a few really good reasons that it is more succesfull than traktor lately.

I´m totally stoked that Pioneer bundle with VDJ, there are more and more quality manufacturers that bundle with VDJ. Also the look of the unit is nice IMO, takes away from the blocky workhouses we had in front of us for years. Plus i like to tilt my controllers slighly anyways, so i think it is a great feature. And the possibility to slide the laptop underneath is also practical if you dont need a keyboard

I wouldnt mind if it would cost more than 500€, Pioneer is know for great products and it sure does seem to have a lot of pro features not seen on any other entry level controller, like auxilary through, balanced outputs, led-supported HD-Jogs, deck switches and who knows whatnot
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    jk I'm a 42 year old man pretending to be a 14 year old boy.

i'm shocked.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vox5505 View Post
    Build quality should be a very important aspect for you as a performer, you don't want to have disposable work tools that fail on you during a performance.
    Old school? new school? it doesn't matter, it's being professional.

Nobody cares about atmosphere? Dude that's just the crowd you play for, not every crowd wants fast cuts and bangers all night. This has nothing to do with being "creative". I've seen lots of people with mad skills on the decks fail pretty hard since they weren't connecting with the crowd.

PS: Making it big is not about how fast can you rise, but being able to keep on top for a long time. Else you are just the equivalent of a disposable pop boyband.
    Last edited by padi_04; 09-03-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Nobody cares about atmosphere? Dude that's just the crowd you play for, not every crowd wants fast cuts and bangers all night. This has nothing to do with being "creative".
    You're assuming from you old school closed box point of view... that anything I've explained as my style, or the style of the people I'm defending suggests that I'm taking about fast cuts and bangers? What? Stop thinking that DJing is about transitions... Let us evolve past that. What I'm talking about is performance, live mashup/remixing.

I mix 4 decks, switching between different configurations of loop/sample decks and track decks on the fly. I'm playing a lot of my own music, split into different tracks for a live PA feel. There is almost never a moment where what you're hearing is the same thing you'd here if you bought the tracks I'm playing.

Compare that to some dude who's been transitioning between one song and the next, then waiting for the next break... Yeah, I'm gonna say that what I do is more creative... Maybe he's better at what he does than what I do... But when he's opening for me... how the hell can he justify looking down on me. All I'm trying to say is that non-traditional DJs shouldn't be looked down upon. They are the future, and should be respected as such.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    PS: Making it big is not about how fast can you rise, but being able to keep on top for a long time. Else you are just the equivalent of a disposable pop boyband.
    Right... And any every DJ who never goes anywhere will say that until the day they gives up DJing. If you get to where you want to be for five minutes, or five years, you're still miles ahead of all the guys that don't make it at all... Shouldn't you be respected at the VERY least just as much as him?

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    omg, just read through the thread, i had to seriously laugh once again when everyone was hyped for another TP2 or Itch controller, and when VDJ support was released its suddenly just utterly crap hahahha most of you guys need to grow your own opinions and dont just follow the trend MrPopinjay is so right, nothing wrong with VDJ. There are a few really good reasons that it is more succesfull than traktor lately.
    I was turned off by the fact they marketed it to "non-DJ's.: VDJ helped too though, but because it isn't the software of my choice, not because it's VDJ.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Who says I'm oldschool? I just respect the ones that preceded me. Have you heard me live? Do you know where I stand and how I helped community a conservative DJ community like Buenos Aires evolve past the CDJ or die 2 deck concept? Didn't think so.

Atmosphere is about continuity and going somewhere in a set, not just playing/remixing songs. Like I said, it's beyond being creative.

Quote Originally Posted by vox5505 View Post
    Shouldn't you be respected at the VERY least just as much as him?
    Sure, but flaming the rest won't get you any respect. If you are getting flamed for trying something "different", putting yourself at their level won't get you anywhere. Maybe this is what you really need to learn.

Anyways, I'm done with OT.
    Last edited by padi_04; 09-04-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Tech Mentor

Buying it if its gonna get a decent traktor mapping.

How come? We know nothing about it- yet.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!