Pioneer new controller! - Page 14
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Well it's not bullshit, it's a fact Pioneer is the industry standard when 90% of the clubs are fitted with Pioneer's decks and mixer.
    What does it have to do with arrogance? Could you define that please?
    Sure? did you miss when i explained that it doesn't matter ANY MORE because technology has moved past that point?

I award you the stupidest comment on the whole thread (not you as a person, just your comment). Because that would assume the technique or even technology comes forward before music selection or the flow of your mix, or building an atmosphere. That's just untrue and if you don't realize that you have a lot to learn and you are very short sighted. Now, if you can have that and technical skills, the better of course.
    lawl...
    Yes, nowadays technique always comes before music selection or how well you can transition between two tracks. That's an old, tired, antiquated way of judging DJs. The new generation of EDM fans don't care about that.

DJ's that transition between two tracks don't get famous any more. The newest generation of EDM fans don't care about how well you can beatmatch and use EQ knobs... cause it's boring. They want a performance, they want something interesting that they can hear. Nobody wants a night to sound like one long song any more... Nobody cares about "creating an atmosphere". DJing isn't about subtlety or finesse any more... It's abotu creativity.

I've been DJing less than one tenth as long as a lot of DJ's who open for me... And I get the gigs because the new generation can identify with my style way more than theirs.... despite how amazing they might be with a crossfader... I make it more interesting, by being creative... so people follow and book me more than old crotchity balding DJs who transition between house songs super smoothly, and "create an atmosphere"

So if I cared about your antiquated system of DJing, yes I would "have a lot to learn". I don't care about "creating an atmosphere" or having a subtle "flow".. But because I'm having fun and getting booked way ahead of DJs who have been doing it your way for 15 years... I don't care about "Having a lot to learn" about that shit, hahaha. Conversely, you have a lot to learn about how to DJ in the 2st century... 'Cause nobody cares about your style any more. You're going to get booked less and less in the coming years unless you adapt to the new generation, and I'M the short-sighted one? You're the one who thinks he can transition all night and still progress in status. I'm thinking outside the box, so I got to skip over all of that crap. Tons of other DJs are doing the same thing, in a lot of cases much better than I am... And they're selling out stadiums. Skrillex is a shitty DJ by your standards... (and, to an extent, by mine, honestly) but he went from zero to selling out top tier venues in six months. How long have you been playing in a DJ booth for $200 bucks a night? :-p

<3

Dude that doesn't mean you're modern or that that's old fashioned, it's just two different styles.

You're not doing anything new.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SherpaPsy View Post
    Another Video...touting it as a controller for non-DJ's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56CnW...layer_embedded
    VDJ:eek:
    how is pioneer going to talk about "quality" and then use virtual dj for their software

Nothing wrong with VDJ...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Only old school DJs care about fader/knob/button quality? How odd. Why are all these DJTT controllists buying the fanciest buttons in the world? You know, the ones made for arcade machines.
    As a side note - and I have noted the word 'only' in your sentence - yes build quality is important, as durability, as sturdiness, as being able to play on your gear like an instrument. You may have missed it, but Pioneer's hardware (like other manufacturers, don't get me wrong) are performance orientated, much more than most controllers on the market.
    Glad you noticed that. Sure quality is important. But the People who only care about the quality of their simple controls are old traditional DJs. All I'm saying is that the fanbase is moving away form that style, so the DJs, and the gear producers need to start adapting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Dude that doesn't mean you're modern or that that's old fashioned, it's just two different styles.

You're not doing anything new.
    Odd thing to say considering you haven't heard me play... So by assuming, you're pretty much saying it's impossible to do anything new, I guess..?

and whatever dude, I don't need to defend what I do as being new... I don't care. Just so long as the old fart DJs who think they're special because they can beatmatch and transition between two tracks will start respecting the people who do something different..... Especially when they're fuckin opening for the people that are doing something different, even though they've been transitioning for 15 years.

Nah I mostly was just commenting on your avoiding the whole smooth mix thing. You do hear that a hell of a lot but I think it's more of a house + techno thing. I mean with genres like dancehall, uk hardcore, hip hop, etc it's all about big punchy switches and big tunes.

Tech Guru

is everyone on this forum a teenager now or what.

like wow... some of the perspectives in this thread are just.... wow.

I'm actually 14, mum bought me serato.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by vox5505 View Post

Nobody cares about "creating an atmosphere".
    Perhaps kids.

Out of curiosity where do you live? And where do play? I live in Miami and by comparison all of the major clubs down there -- the ones that rake in the huge amounts of cash, ie: Space, LIV, Mansion, SET, etc. are ALWAYS slam packed by "traditional DJ's". Kaskdade was a LIV on Thursday, Avici was there yesterday and Roger Sanchez is there tonight. This is THE club to go to in Miami. This is the club that Mark Cuban spent $120,000.00 the night that the Mavericks won the NBA championship. Jay-Z had his B-Day there a few weeks ago and spent $250,000.00.

It's ALL about creating an atmosphere at these place.

oh and another great FYI for you. All three of those headliners play on CDJ's and a DJM. No computer, no midi controllers.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Everyone should chill the fuck out and stop giving a fuck about how other people mix.

Jesus christ. At least indie kid twats with acoustic guitars don't sit around all day and bitch about how metal guitarists use effects pedals and shit like that.