Pioneer new controller! - Page 10
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ5DollaHolla View Post
    yo, dogs. ima let u finnish but techniks makes the best CDJs

anologue for life <3
    LMAO

Troll? Or does he really think he's analog cause he uses CDJs?

bonus question:
    Troll? Or does he really think he's above controllerists because his shit costs more, is instantly outdated, and has about 1/10th of of the capabilities of Software/controllers?

In other news... Is it just me or is it kind of annoying that Pio is doing this? It's just a cheap crap beginner controller.... but with the best lightshow ever... Granted, if it does end up being cheap.. (I'm gonna say $300 is fair) then, fair enough. Not something I'd buy but if I was new, and going to buy my first controller, I'd probably be distracted by the amazing lights.

Tech Guru

Looking at the video I was wondering if the "light show" was limited to just the jogs and the led bars(if you will) was an add on for extra bling? Sorta confused by that.

Tech Guru

i for one think that it's a great looking unit for a minimalistic house (sort of a home hifi) or a bar.

features wise, seems like it has all the S2 is missing - 4 sample and filters, deck layer mode. I bet the blue/red colors are there to indicate the deck layer and that's pretty cool, if you ask me.

agree about the symmetric pitch faders position and the fact that the buttons are small-ish, but these are minor remarks.

It will be expensive for sure and it's definitely not a pro class touring gear, but for the average hobby DJ, this would probably become the perfect controller of choice.

Also, let's bet the chicks will love the look. Just think of all those wifies and gfs, once they see it, they will be - "oooookkk, at least it looks fancy, i'm giving my approval ... you gonna get me those shoes ... oh and there's this earings?" LOL. And on top of that you'll end up with a better feature pack than the S2 if you get this pio ...

honestly, imo, the look of this really gives a reason for pio to release a product in this (such a crowdy) segment. Very likely, they'll outsell the competition, especially if it reaches the apple stores ...

Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    i for one think that it's a great looking unit for a minimalistic house (sort of a home hifi) or a bar.

features wise, seems like it has all the S2 is missing - 4 sample and filters, deck layer mode. I bet the blue/red colors are there to indicate the deck layer and that's pretty cool, if you ask me.

agree about the symmetric pitch faders position and the fact that the buttons are small-ish, but these are minor remarks.

It will be expensive for sure and it's definitely not a pro class touring gear, but for the average hobby DJ, this would probably become the perfect controller of choice.

Also, let's bet the chicks will love the look. Just think of all those wifies and gfs, once they see it, they will be - "oooookkk, at least it looks fancy, i'm giving my approval ... you gonna get me those shoes ... oh and there's this earings?" LOL. And on top of that you'll end up with a better feature pack than the S2 if you get this pio ...

honestly, imo, the look of this really gives a reason for pio to release a product in this (such a crowdy) segment. Very likely, they'll outsell the competition, especially if it reaches the apple stores ...
    Agree with everything. There are some right controller snobs on this forum. What were people expecting pioneer to bring out? They've had one go at the controller Market and that was aimed directly at 4 deck control. Their second attempt was never gonna be something revolutionary!!! And why should it? They are here to sell to the masses and make money. Not to service the every need of button mashing controllerists. Launchpad midifighting twitches are never gonna sell to the broader Market. Cdj look-a-likes will. Like padi says people buy this they then get used to the layout and buy a more expensive set up that involves the very expensive cdj and mixer product lines.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

zero creativity

Seems there's a headphione jack on the left side, so guess there will be some kind of souncard in.

Price range? I'll bet 899$

I have nothing bad to say about, it's just not for me. Like some says, it's probably something you'll see at BestBuy and the like.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Guru

i think you guys are missing the larger point to be made here.....

this is pioneer's third dj controller.

this kind of speaks loudly to one simple fact. CONTROLLERS ARE VIABLE AND HERE TO STAY. This obviously isnt a fad for pioneer. They arent trying to make some quick controllerist cash. They see controllers as the way forward. That's an important milestone for us.

Things I like.....

a) The elevated back is obviously for keeping their "laptop fits under controller" feature theyve got going on. Thats a great idea, wish my s4 had it.

b) looks like its a 500-700 dollar unit with looks that could very well put it inside apple stores for sale. which would be huge (and annoying for us old schoolers with the influx of another rush of newbies to our little community =p)

c) sample deck buttons. this thing was obviously designed specifically with traktor in mind.

d) i actually kind of like the little mini rave lightshow going on. while you might think its silly. this is exactly the kind of thing drunk women think looks amazing. i dunno about you, but impressing drunk women is WELL worth the benefits.... and pennicillin. but thats how i roll =p
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

Meh...if pio jogs actually lived up to all the hype then it might be worth it but since I prefer my s4 jogs then I'll stick with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Meh...if pio jogs actually lived up to all the hype then it might be worth it but since I prefer my s4 jogs then I'll stick with that.
    personally i love the pretty lights if the jogs are any good then i'd think about getting one just for the pioneer cdj-ish layout etc. i don't think it's half bad.

so long as those feet fold flat for transport. but everyone seems to agree on that at least...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Totally agree with this. I love full size CDJ-1000+ jogs, they're great, but pio's smaller ones feel terrible.

The best jogs I've used are those of the VCI-300, and the NS6's are good too. But these days I'm not much of a jogwheel user anyway
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by vox5505 View Post
    LMAO

Troll? Or does he really think he's analog cause he uses CDJs?

bonus question:
    Troll? Or does he really think he's above controllerists because his shit costs more, is instantly outdated, and has about 1/10th of of the capabilities of Software/controllers?

In other news... Is it just me or is it kind of annoying that Pio is doing this? It's just a cheap crap beginner controller.... but with the best lightshow ever... Granted, if it does end up being cheap.. (I'm gonna say $300 is fair) then, fair enough. Not something I'd buy but if I was new, and going to buy my first controller, I'd probably be distracted by the amazing lights.
    THIS is why I hate CDJ's

I had someone actually tell me 'Naw man I use CDJ's and serato like a real DJ, I could never use a controller"

I wanted to punch him in the mouth so bad

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast