Official Novation Twitch Owners Thread(?) - Page 2
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I was thinking about that - would be nice to use SSL for scratching....but I'll stick with a traditional record until SSL and ITCH finally merge like in my dream the other night...

Suppose I could also use Traktor and have it all in one, I just seem to be going through a bit of a Serato phase atm.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I love what they've done with the pitch control and touch strips, freeing so much real estate! The pitch knob is great because one click, when moved slow, is 0.01 bpm adjustment, but twist the knob faster and it shoots away really fast, works exactly the same in Traktor, with same precision.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    If only I could scratch. I suppose technically I could also run SSL and ITCH in parallel if I wanted to. Hmmm... possibilities.
    Such hassle.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

It's great in ITCH, I can tell you that much. I'm actually amazed it's taken this long for a controller to come out with an endless relative pitch control, it just makes sense.
    I thought it was the case for a long time on the 1d,2d,3d,4d and DX. Well, usually you mapped this function on the endless encoders on those unit and it's clearly the case on the Dx isn't it?

Tech Convert

Oh, it looks like I finally found the thread I was looking for. I need a new controller and liked the concept of s4 (minus the jog wheels, the size, the availability of just 2 FX units per deck and the price) and was seriously considering to get a Faderfox DJ3 (or two of them for access to 4 decks without much switching). Than Twitch was announced, but info of its usability with Traktor was nowhere to be found.

Now when I saw the S2, I think the decision is imminent - I just need to hear the first hand experience of DJs who are using Twitch with Traktor, since I really don't want to use Itch. So, how is it? Responsive or not (there seemed to be significant lag on the promo videos)? How is the Novation provided mapping? After studying it on paper, it really makes sense, but how is it when you actually use it?

Anything you found annoying (other than the obvious a/c b/d switching)? Any hidden problems?

Thank you!

Tripnotic: I can easily say that the Twitch is a wet dream come true. It's what I've always wanted to have with Traktor and coming from VCI100 > Traktor S4 and now Twitch, I couldn't be more happy. No lag, no glitches, no bugs, the only thing I want to improve is the sensitivity of the touch strip, to make it move slower to be able to set the cue points with better precision.

The mapping with matching overlay is flawless so far, I just remapped a few detailed functions as mentioned above but I can seriously not find a flaw on this machine. It's light weight but sturdy, soundcard is really nice sounding and all the buttons and knobs feel like they can stand some beating.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Tech Convert

What about the sound level? There were complaints the sound card's output is not loud enough. What about the headphone output? I am usually playing breaks and drum'n'bass = extremely loud sound system in the club, so I need a loud headphone output on my controller.

I could still use another soundcard and have the Twitch as a midi controller only, but since it already has a sound card integrated, it would be good to carry one item less to the clubs.

I think the output is plenty loud, nothing extreme but nothing I noticed anything strange about.

Headphones, I can impossibly comment on because I use in ear monitors, so I never need to crank it.

Tech Convert

Thank you Emil! I think I am sold. I just need to wait for the local distributor to receive their batch of Twitch units and you will have another member in the Twitch community.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast