Just released to the public KONTROL S2 - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Why do you need a dedicated filter knob? You've got three dedicate FX knobs on the top, just make one of them filter and you're good to go.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Why do you need a dedicated filter knob? You've got three dedicate FX knobs on the top, just make one of them filter and you're good to go.
    because if the s4 has it, the s2 should have it too. it a core function within traktor. Two 5 cent knobs wasn't gonna kill NI. I really dont feel like pressing two buttons to use a filter.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Lack of a filter knob is my #1 gripe with ITCH, my EQing process uses filter quite frequently. I can live without it, but in traktor why would I. I bet they won't let you remap the gain knobs either.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I really think it should have dedicated filter knobs. As an itch user that is a distinctive advantage of traktor. This controller has been held back to protect the s4 which is a shame because they should be pushing boundaries not making them.
    www.elliotgrainger.com

vci 300 mk2
    13in mbp

Quote Originally Posted by elliotg View Post
    This controller has been held back to protect the s4 which is a shame because they should be pushing boundaries not making them.
    It's like NI's porsche cayman.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I feel sorry for my friend who just bought a mixtrack pro + X1. Seems like for the same money he could of gotten this guy come Oct/Nov. But from what i can see the S2 is pretty much a mixtrack pro anyway.. just looks way better
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

also looks like the S2 will have a smaller footprint which will make it easier to gig with if you only use 2 channels, i think that on its own is a good aspect of it.
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

Tech Wizard

The biggest gripe I have is that none of this seems legit. I understand leaks, but at this point shouldn't NI have either confirmed or denied or made any sort of statement on the deal? I have been unable to find any.

And if they are trying to take part of the market that the small 2-channel mixers have, why introduce this at a price that is almost 3x's as much as a mixtrack pro? I mean it looks nicer and I'm positive it has a better build but what does it really bring to the table?

I'll remain doubtful until I see some solid evidence. Like info from NI or a real picture or video of one being used.
    Dell Inspiron 15r | i5 | 8gb
    Traktor 2 Pro | Mixtrack Pro | X1 |
    FL 10 | Massive | Reaktor 5 | LPK25
    MixCloud | OneSheet

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jingr View Post
    And if they are trying to take part of the market that the small 2-channel mixers have, why introduce this at a price that is almost 3x's as much as a mixtrack pro? I mean it looks nicer and I'm positive it has a better build but what does it really bring to the table?
    A full version of the software that would otherwise cost you $200.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    A full version of the software that would otherwise cost you $200.
    True, but still, what would you really be getting. Take the software out and its still a $400-$500 machine. Get a mixtrack and you can upgrade to pro for $130. So you get the same thing (roughly) for less than 400. I'm not some huge mixtrack supporter even though i may sound like one; I would just like to see some more info. I think the price point is too high, because I would like to see a traktor dedicated controller that is a step below the s4. But not 3 steps in price above a mixtrack. If thats the case I'd wait and just spend an extra couple hundred and get the s4.

With the available information, I dont get the s2 at that price point.
    Dell Inspiron 15r | i5 | 8gb
    Traktor 2 Pro | Mixtrack Pro | X1 |
    FL 10 | Massive | Reaktor 5 | LPK25
    MixCloud | OneSheet

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast