Just released to the public KONTROL S2 - Page 11
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I disagree, I think it will be available in the S4 asap.
    That would be really great to get my high resolution jogs back. I am one of the folks that remap my S4 to use the Xone 4-band EQ so I loose the high resolution jogs and HID.

Tech Mentor

So NI build there own VCI-100 MK2. The market is swarmed with controllers of that kind, only differences between them are the color and some technical details like hid jogs.

Who is in need of this? The price is on pair with the competition i suppose, but i just don't see the real need for this thing.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    So NI build there own VCI-100 MK2. The market is swarmed with controllers of that kind, only differences between them are the color and some technical details like hid jogs.

Who is in need of this? The price is on pair with the competition i suppose, but i just don't see the real need for this thing.
    People who dont need 4 decks and dvs input and want to save 300 bucks.
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Two regular decks and two sample decks are the way to go, in fact it's the only way I mix. If I was in the market for a controller this would be PERFECT!!! I still think I would need an X1 though to get full sample deck control and it appears with the better user mapping you should be able to map shift + hot cue's 1-4 to be hot cue's 5-8.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I was more interested in a S1 but hearing they're going to open the mapping is really great news.

Id get this it it had a built in interface for ttables like the s4
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Guru

not my bag personally...never been a fan of all-in-ones at the best of times, but i cant find a point of this. i had hoped for maybe just the 4 channel mixer section on its own with a few fx controls
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

I wonder, had the releases been switched; i.e. S2 came out first and the S4 came out round about now would anything be any different? I don't really know what I'm saying, just typing out loud

The S2 was always going to be a 2 channel though, imo
    | Pioneer CDJ 800 | Korg KM202 | Citronic MPCD-S3 |

Soundcloud|Twitter|Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Grifff View Post
    I wonder, had the releases been switched; i.e. S2 came out first and the S4 came out round about now would anything be any different? I don't really know what I'm saying, just typing out loud
    I dno, the S4 was a big game changer and even if it didn't exist the S2 is not, so maybe that would have watered down the hype. The S4 was their flagship controller so it made sense to launch it first.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

if i didnt already have the S4 i will be all over this
    the S4 is not my main setup which is why i dont really need 4 decks, i still prefer the good ol timecode + vinyl (and a separate mixer in my case the TTM-56s) , plus i have Traktor Scratch Pro already so i dont really need the timecode function of the S4

im sure there is a lot of people out there who are already rocking TSP2 + vinyl timecode and dont really need the 4 decks / timecode function of the S4

oh but the missing filters? that aint Cool!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast