10min Electro-house mix - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It was too few songs in a very short mix that I couldn't make a judgment. With such a short time limit, I actually expected IN YO FACE ELECTRO containing 15-25 songs with CRAZY transitions and hard cuts with some Steve Aoki as the climax. With this, it just sounded something off a commerical on a top40 station. (Which may be what you want?)

I am curious how your longer mixes are like

the crossfader is strong in this one

Hey buddy

Just listened to the mix and thought it was ok. People slating you for doing 10 mins instead of 1 or 2 hours are being a little harsh. I enjoy a good 10 minute mix and rarely have time to listen to 1 or 2 hours that someone has posted on here.

I won't go into the song choice because that's your personal preference but let me say a few words about the transitions. Track 1 to 2 was probably the best transition of them all, it flowed well and fitted with the song phrasing. Track 2 to 3 was basically a good mix but was a little boring and you could her the fade coming a mile away. Track 3 to 4 was a bit of a mess, I think you tried to play around with the EQ but it didn't work and went on for far too long. Track 4 to 5 was ok again but you could have been a bit braver with a dramatic cut or something.

Anyway, keep it up and try to experiment with some braver mixing techniques.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Nales View Post
    It was too few songs in a very short mix that I couldn't make a judgment. With such a short time limit, I actually expected IN YO FACE ELECTRO containing 15-25 songs with CRAZY transitions and hard cuts with some Steve Aoki as the climax. With this, it just sounded something off a commerical on a top40 station. (Which may be what you want?)

I am curious how your longer mixes are like
    Thanks for the feed back. and our longer mixes are on our mixcloud. We've been trying to do biweekly mixes that we post.
    Find all my information at website!

Look after each other.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ianofmcmillan View Post
    Hey buddy

Just listened to the mix and thought it was ok. People slating you for doing 10 mins instead of 1 or 2 hours are being a little harsh. I enjoy a good 10 minute mix and rarely have time to listen to 1 or 2 hours that someone has posted on here.

I won't go into the song choice because that's your personal preference but let me say a few words about the transitions. Track 1 to 2 was probably the best transition of them all, it flowed well and fitted with the song phrasing. Track 2 to 3 was basically a good mix but was a little boring and you could her the fade coming a mile away. Track 3 to 4 was a bit of a mess, I think you tried to play around with the EQ but it didn't work and went on for far too long. Track 4 to 5 was ok again but you could have been a bit braver with a dramatic cut or something.

Anyway, keep it up and try to experiment with some braver mixing techniques.
    Thanks. I normally don't do electro house and have only recently been trying short cuts/transitions between songs. The feedback really helps out a lot though. Thanks again.
    Find all my information at website!

Look after each other.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123