Beat Juggling - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beat Juggling

Quote Originally Posted by The Vly View Post
    if you grabbed 2 DJs (one who has only spun vinyl and one who has only ever played digitally), I think the digital DJ would have a harder time learning to beat juggle than the vinyl DJ learning to cue juggle.
    + a gajillion

As said they are two different things, but a GOOD cue point juggle routine is not that easy to do. If it were, we would see a ton of them on You Tube. So the argument that one is harder than the other doesn't fly with me. I think they are both something that takes creativity and practice.

I can see how vinyl on turntables adds alot of difficulty to beat juggling, but aren't most turntableists using DVS now?

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post

I can see how vinyl on turntables adds alot of difficulty to beat juggling, but aren't most turntableists using DVS now?
    Some, but not all.

Not to mention a person who learned to beat juggle on turntables will just transfer that style to Traktor or whatever DVS he or she chooses to use.

I might add, many who switched to Traktor still own 1200's however, use a midi controller for Traktor.

Why?

Spinning vinyl is far deeper than what Traktor and Serato can offer with their emulations. Its just not real thing.

Cheers!

Spinning vinyl is definitely more rewarding...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Abercrombie View Post
    Spinning vinyl is far deeper than what Traktor and Serato can offer with their emulations. Its just not real thing
    I don't agree with that at all, and I prefer vinyl/DVS over controllers every time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123