So I've just started out a week ago... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    i'll have a listen maybe after uve been doing it a year...
    This was helpful, thanks!

Give your self at least 6 months, then try back here again, then I'll give youfeed back
    Dell Inspiron 15r,4 gig ram,720HDDSerato Itch,Pioneer DDJTS1,Pioneer HDJ500
    Ableton Suite ,Akai Apc40,Akai LPD8,LPK25,NI Audio 2
    The Echo Reflex(T.E.RF)http://www.mixcloud.com/TERF/

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    i'll have a listen maybe after uve been doing it a year...
    +1.

It's a great idea to record yourself and listen back, but hang back on asking for forum feedback. Give yourself a few months practice first, there are mistakes you make as a beginner which you need to work out for yourself. Someone could go through minute by minute and say "at x minutes you should have cut the bass a bit more" (for example), but it's better for your learning process if you just carry on practicing and listening back.

When you've got the hang of it and can record a mix you're really proud of, by all means post it here.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    +1.

It's a great idea to record yourself and listen back, but hang back on asking for forum feedback. Give yourself a few months practice first, there are mistakes you make as a beginner which you need to work out for yourself. Someone could go through minute by minute and say "at x minutes you should have cut the bass a bit more" (for example), but it's better for your learning process if you just carry on practicing and listening back.

When you've got the hang of it and can record a mix you're really proud of, by all means post it here.
    The man speaks the truth! Just from critical listening alone you should be able to dissect what you need to work on. And don't forget to listen to other mixes as well as you can learn a lot from them.

People are too quick to post up any old mix these days and expect instant feedback. How good do you really think your mix is going to be after a week?

More importantly how original do you think it's going to sound? You've only been DJing a week! How much unique and undiscovered music could you have unearthed in that time?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    +1.

Trust me I've been listening to my own mix even since I got it up on sound cloud. I put it up as I felt that was my best I could do then, I was stucked and therefore I needed some serious feedback and so here I am. Fortunately there are nice people who gave me their inputs so I knew what was wrong and have the mistakes taken note off.

I'll be done with exams pretty soon and I'll do another mix, I'll be back

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123