Kontrol X1 Tempofader question
    Tech Wizard

Default Kontrol X1 Tempofader question

Got a Kontrol X1 and really like it so far.
    But to move the tempofader with shift and than in and out is a bit of a hassle.
    1. Everytime you use it for beatmatching you need to press sfift and the buttons.
    2.They move so slow.Okay when you get close to the needed Tempo it's good for the finetuning but when i start i would like to move the tempofader faster.

Anybody has tip or workaround for that behaviour?

Thanks in advance
    Lao Ma

Tech Wizard

Hmm!?
    Was it clear not enough or is it really like nobody has an Idea?
    Can i for instance get the tempofader moving faster anywhere in the preferences?
    I tried to increase the tempo bend sensitivity but i could'nt see any difference.
    And what is the Tempo range standing for?
    I also tried different settings between 8 and 100% but i could'nt see any difference!

Tech Mentor

In the controller manager, under the X1 mapping, there are 4 "Tempo Fader" controls. You can see which ones correspond to which deck up/down, etc. The parameter you're concerned with is the Resolution though. By default, it's set to "custom" (some value that seems to be between "min" and "fine" that NI decided was the perfect speed, but clearly isn't right for you). You want to set that to something a little faster, such as "fine" or "default", depending on how fast you're looking to adjust. The only catch with this change is that you won't be able to make the minor adjustments once you get closer. So you have to choose patience or fine tuning.

PS. The Tempo Range setting in your preferences determines what the extreme of the tempo fader is. (% change from original tempo possible) The Tempo Bend Sensitivity is essentially the value, or magnitude, of the Tempo Bend.

Hope that helps!
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube