Calling All Modders...Need Advice

Default Calling All Modders...Need Advice

A few moons ago I purchased a foot pedal for my Novation Remote SL25. Since I've stopped using the SL25 to play I have this foot pedal sitting around.

I now use the VCI-100se. Do you think it's possible to add the foot pedal to the device? My thought initially is to use it only to duplicate the functions for Decks C and D.

I should tell you that my knowledge on this stuff is very limited. I've searched the forums and main page articles for 'foot pedal', but nothing is returned. I am going to perform the arcade button mod, but only because I can follow information posted here. I wouldn't know what type of boards to add, how to connect them, and make sure that when I push the pedal a midi note is being sent to the computer!

If there's information out there somewhere you can point me to, great! If you want to share some knowledge or ask me some other questions, even better!

Thanks!

I believe ean did this with his first VCI. Not sure how, but it's possible.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    A few moons ago I purchased a foot pedal for my Novation Remote SL25. Since I've stopped using the SL25 to play I have this foot pedal sitting around.

I now use the VCI-100se. Do you think it's possible to add the foot pedal to the device? My thought initially is to use it only to duplicate the functions for Decks C and D.

I should tell you that my knowledge on this stuff is very limited. I've searched the forums and main page articles for 'foot pedal', but nothing is returned. I am going to perform the arcade button mod, but only because I can follow information posted here. I wouldn't know what type of boards to add, how to connect them, and make sure that when I push the pedal a midi note is being sent to the computer!

If there's information out there somewhere you can point me to, great! If you want to share some knowledge or ask me some other questions, even better!

Thanks!
    You cannot add an extra switch in the vci without changing firmware etc.
    So, First you must think of what button you want to replace with the wires of the foot switch.(this needs desoldering of a button)
    Also you can solder the wires of the footswitch to an existing button, wich is
    more easy to do.
    Then you can use both the button and footswitch for the same function in TPro.

Hope this will help you on the way.
    Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Black VCI-100 Mod firmware 1.3
    Presonus Firebox

Tech Wizard

Also check this out for some inspiration!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xce2BcNv-Wk

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony More View Post
    You cannot add an extra switch in the vci without changing firmware etc.
    So, First you must think of what button you want to replace with the wires of the foot switch.(this needs desoldering of a button)
    Also you can solder the wires of the footswitch to an existing button, wich is
    more easy to do.
    Then you can use both the button and footswitch for the same function in TPro.

Hope this will help you on the way.
    That's nails...thanks man. Helps A LOT.

You dont need to change the firmware just to add a footswitch - its a simple matter or hijacking one of the buttons on the unit and running cables from that to your footswitch.

When the connection is closed on the footswitch its like pressing the button down - the connection between the two terminals on the unit is closed and the signal is sent though.

Then you would just use modifers like you would if you were using it as a button on the device that you were holding down.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    You dont need to change the firmware just to add a footswitch - its a simple matter or hijacking one of the buttons on the unit and running cables from that to your footswitch.

When the connection is closed on the footswitch its like pressing the button down - the connection between the two terminals on the unit is closed and the signal is sent though.

Then you would just use modifers like you would if you were using it as a button on the device that you were holding down.
    If you read carefully I was saying that already.maybe this is a clearer explanation:
    You cannot add an extra switch "to your already existing knobs and buttons" in the vci without changing firmware etc.
    Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Black VCI-100 Mod firmware 1.3
    Presonus Firebox