Best PA system for Begineer DJ doing small house partys - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    Harbinger HA60s - $200 US, and loud + sound great for what they are/price

sold those when i needed an upgrade to my new speakers -- Behringer B215Ds (550w peak active speakers -- paid $700ish for both) and i love em :P
    I'm glad someone thinks HA60 60W PA is loud. Means there's hope for the younger generation not to drown in massive wall of dBs...

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    I'm glad someone thinks HA60 60W PA is loud. Means there's hope for the younger generation not to drown in massive wall of dBs...
    You think spl of under 90db at 1m is "loud"?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    You think spl of under 90db at 1m is "loud"?
    No. I put a Rajun Cajun into my 15W tube Fender guitar amp, 10", 105SPL! That's loud.

But yes, you are right, the SPL values are more interesting than raw wattage. Especially as the loudspeakers will do most of the work, if they are very efficient (like the Ragin Cajun ones), you get more loudness.
    Last edited by ksandvik; 08-16-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    for an intro PA system (small houseparties/bedroom mixing). Yes they are loud in that context. Enough for what the OP was asking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    for an intro PA system (small houseparties/bedroom mixing). Yes they are loud in that context. Enough for what the OP was asking for.
    loud but they probably sound like rusty farts. Gemini equipment is best used for an expensive paperweight.

I'd honestly say keep using a computer sound system, a 2.1 or more with a sub for as long as you need until you can save up for a decent starting system. A B-52 Matrix 1000 v2 or Mackie Thumps are generally thrown around as the best beginner sets of speakers to go with (the b-52's having a sub from the start, the thumps you can add later, and both are active speakers so you wouldn't need an additional amp).

That being said, DJing as a whole IS NOT CHEAP. Really. Equipment is expensive.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

i would suggest http://www.thomann.de/gb/ld_systems_dave_8_xs.htm - that will be enough for small house parties and can easily be extended. previous posters already mentioned the http://www.thomann.de/gb/mackie_thump_th_12a.htm - two of these would be a good start for larger audiences and you can add an active sub later on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12