Wanting to buy the MIDI Fighter Pro when it comes back in stock, but first need help. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Winning! Cool it's sorted on the techy side.

I'm not sure I understand what's PureData, so I have a question, why do you want to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Winning! Cool it's sorted on the techy side.

I'm not sure I understand what's PureData, so I have a question, why do you want to use it?
    Cause I was following this guys steps as he made the patch;

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...&postcount=168

He says to open TouchOSC, open the patch in PureData, and then import the .tsi but it doesn't work.

Is there anyway I can use it with this rtpMIDI since I've set up already now? Or could you upload your layout and I could just use yours? As his one isn't working. Cheers.

I'm not at my place and I'm not using the computer where I have the file.

For what I understood bu I may be wrong, so double check, you don't need any other stuff since the last patch (well at least it seems I don't have issues so). The guy may have done it before that (but then Im' not familiar with his file nor I saw the video so I don't know for sure). You need on one side a touch osc template and a tsi file for traktor.

The template
    Use the Touch osc editor (downloadable from the Hexler's site), open the template you want to use (or create one whatever, but I can only recommend the later, it's simple and fun to use and basically allows you to create the most convenient controller for your needs). Each template may have several pages. On each page there are controls: faders, rotaries, push buttons, leds, etc... For each control you need to select it and make sure the midi box is ticked, on the midi tab (where you ticked the midi option), you can set up channels and cc or notes.
    As a detail some controls may be 'hidden' behind labels. Those labels can have themselves midi messages, but most of the time, there's just that, labels. What I mean is you need to check how the control was 'pictured', is there a control behind the label, so you know what control to set up.
    Some controls may be a bit weird to set up like Xy pad, I won't detail here, you need to check the Touch Osc documentation, I recommend it really.

The tsi file
    ok so you have loaded your template in your Iphone, loaded it within touch osc, rtp midi runs, everything is ok.
    Each control from your template will send and (eventually) receive messages to/from Traktor. So as any controller you need to have a tsi file with all the functions created within it so the functions matches the layout/controls/actions you planned in your template. That's just midi mapping like for any other controller.

For touch osc, there are several sites and templates available around for reference, I'm sure you'll be able to find a template duplicating a midi fighter. Even if it's for an Ipad, open the template in the touch osc editor, change the layout to iphone, get rid of the unwanted functions (understand the template beforehand), reduce the size of the controls, save and load to your iphone, load the matching tsi file, done.

I hope it helped.
    Last edited by Yul; 08-15-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12