Replicating the slicer function of twitch in traktor? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can't it be replicated using the beatmashers 'rot' parameter?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    Can't it be replicated using the beatmashers 'rot' parameter?
    i don't think so but i'll have to have a look again at the beatmasher. not sure i've ever actually used it in single mode...

i like the way the slicer moves through the beats. lighting up the pads tho, kind of mpc style.

most people aren't going to want to run any middleware software ofc - so it'd be interesting to see how close (or not) the beatmasher effect is with the slicer in itch.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    or just use my midimasher and never have to use the controller editor ever again (well almost)

tho you do have to edit your config in notepad or something instead of course - for now at least - i know many people would prefer a gui even if it sucks
    heheh I think for this a text file might be better than the gui available in traktor. But there's no way to use midimasher on a mac yet is there
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjezza
    @ djproben - the slicer is fully a software feature; i really doubt any part of the processing/programming occurs on the twitch unit. it would all be within itch and the twitch is just saying "go to slice 4" or whatever, while the software is keeping the track moving forward while updating what the 8 slices are (or in the other mode maintaining the looped section and the same 8 slices). the software would also be keeping time in the background so that when you stop hitting buttons the sound the next slice starts perfectly quantized and in sequence because the track is always keeping its natural timing behind whatever you're doing.
    I didnt mean it was on the hardware; just that the version of itch that ships with twitch was programmed specifically for that controller and layout. There's no otehr version of itch that has the slicer (as I understand it); you can't just tell a midifghter to do what the slicer does if you have SSL or Itch - the commands were written for the interface.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    heheh I think for this a text file might be better than the gui available in traktor. But there's no way to use midimasher on a mac yet is there
    ah... nope, not yet. i need to come up with some plan for that... i do want to try it on osx tho. guess i just need to see if i can buy a copy from somewhere and try it in a virtual session.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12