Great Article on the Blog For Windows Users - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    Take a look at their website, at wiki or speak to anyone who works in a professional studio
    Thanks JSM - service beyond the call of duty - you went to a lot of trouble. I think I get the gist of all that. Which is why I asked, the 'DJ angle' is always a little different in that it cuts to the chase for THAT purpose. My concern is that (AS A WINDOWS USER), I have done what these forums suggest w.r.t. installing ASIO drivers, but there seems to be discrepencies (see my new thread in General Discussion). I don't have any issues, other than what seem to be an unusually high latency - I do use the default settings - but my attitude is 'if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it.
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    Therefore it will never be as efficient as a real ASIO driver.

one coffee isn't enough for a Monday morning.
    Where does one get a real ASIO driver?
    One coffee isn't enough for ANY morning
    356 reasons why

Real ASIO drivers are developed from the Steinberg SDK (at a cost), and are issued
    by the manufacturer only.

So, if the manufacture doesn't supply one with the device, there's not going to be one.

One more reason why "pro" kit costs more than consumer kit.

BTW your attitude to "if it ain't broke" is a good one, far too many people read blogs/forums and think it's the gospel. Someone suggests one thing and everyone makes changes to their set-up often creating more problems.

The internet is never a good place to glean information as most of it is wrong! People need to go direct to the source, ask the people responsible directly and get the facts to back it up.

NI's drivers are very stable now, and should always be used. If people are experiencing problems with the NI drivers, there's most likely an issue elsewhere.

People need to realise that getting super low latencies is a matter of trail and error, every windows machine is a little different from the next. Anything under 10ms end to end is enough to play/record in realtime without delay. There's a pretty decent blog entry somewhere on this site explaining what latency really is.

@jonathan ... PM me with your concerns with the drivers/latencies and I'll try my best to help with your setup
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Someone sent me here to help me w the crackle, pop I get when using my audio2 with XP, but Im not sure where do I get the script from and where do I install it? Help!!!
    Traktor Pro and TP2, Audio2, Nano Kontrol (black), X1

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

The main thing that interrupted my audio 2 was network and wifi stuff. turn that shit off.

what's your latency set at?
    Last edited by zimfella; 02-13-2012 at 08:19 AM.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

@JSM ...

Thanks for all the information and clear explanations. Helped a few pieces of the puzzle fall into place. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

The main thing that interrupted my audio 2 was network and wifi stuff. turn that shit off.

what's your latency set at?
    it crackle and popping starts way before I even start up Traktor or Ableton. I start my pc and when I power my monitors using rca cables, I get the crackle.

Could it be the fact that Im using rca cables instead of xlr or rca to 1/4 inch?

The reason I say that is when I had a pioneer 500 mixer, I connected my monitors (krk rokit 6) with xlrs. Is this a possible issue?

Sounds stupid - but it MIGHT just be the order that you are turnng your gear on.

I have to boot up my lappy, soundcard and controllers, then turn on my decks/amp/mixer. If I do it in a different sequence i get all kinds of problems with sound...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Ok i have the same thing when i start my laptop. i get a fuzzy hush sound for a few seconds. i just switch my monitors on after i logged into windows.never had it with other sound cards. anybody else experience this? for general stuff like windows media player i set the latency to the multimedia settings. I don't think it's the cables. i think it's just the sound card drivers starting up.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

The crackle humming sound comes out only through my monitors but not through my head phones which is odd. ALthough, when I play, its fine (or is it way too loud that I dont notice it?)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast