Mp3 Gain db settings - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't use any of that. I set my master gain to -6db, and manually adjust accordingly.

I still trying to find a happy medium.

but my standard procedure as of late is to Run tracks through Mp3 gain & leave auto gain off and try to work on my levels with a manual adjustment if needed. As I was having the same problems as you stated.

- make sure you ananlyse the tracks before applying a your gain. And also on that note Make sure you analyse tracks & not analyse album (if you do the latter it will assume the whole album is the same and apply relevant gain to all your tracks)

I chaned mine to 94db from 96db and have found I have had slightly better results.

you want lose any of your cue points or grids using Mp3Gain. And the you can undo the gain if you want.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

mp3 gain will save the gain for you in your tags.

So no matter what media you are playing it through will have the gain applied.

You will still need to adjust in some cases when mixing.

I tend to just wing it, once you start to know your tunes inside out you get a feel for which ones need a nudge.

I havent goten to the point where I am saving the gain as per Jesters post on the 1st page.
    Last edited by Zaniac; 10-26-2011 at 09:15 PM.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

^ thats how I roll for now. seems to be the best results. not perfect but..

Default Mp3Gain settings for soft, soul music

Hello,
    I am new to DJ tech tools forum, and actually quite new to the whole digital world, as a DJ. I grew up on vinyl for about 12 years before even attempting to start with serato, mp3s, and all that business.

So i have a large collection of classic soul, funk, rnb, jazz, blues mp3s, and of course back then, all the recording equipment was quite different. Many of these mp3s have quite low volume. Most of my friends that have use mp3gain use it on modern electronic music which was produced or recorded quite differently. I read somewhere that a lot of these softwares analyze the drums and find the peak of this as to match well for mixing.
    However, most soul music is not focused on drums and more on vocals and have different peak levels, etc.

What are the best settings for mp3 gain, considering most of my tracks are between 88-92, and some tracks even "clip" at these levels... I have several tracks that sound just fine and do not clip at 95+... its a folder of about 1000+ mp3s im trying to work on... When mixing live, i do it all manually, which is fine, but more and more people are asking me to put together compilations of this music, so i would like them all to sound about right...

Thanks for all the help and feedback, sorry for the noobiness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12