Has anyone else had problems with new Tpro? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Yeah, I bought Pro in Oct 2008 but won't gig out with it, sticking with Traktor non-pro until they sort out the problems.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

woops, it seems NI has some major QA issues on the TP team.... the fact that it took so long to simply add 14bits midi support, and even more the fact that all kinds of stupid bugs came up that weren't there in the first place shows me they don't have a decent continuous build and automated unit testing setup in place, which is a huge issue for professional software development, as we all can see now ...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by olafmol View Post
    woops, it seems NI has some major QA issues on the TP team.... the fact that it took so long to simply add 14bits midi support, and even more the fact that all kinds of stupid bugs came up that weren't there in the first place shows me they don't have a decent continuous build and automated unit testing setup in place, which is a huge issue for professional software development, as we all can see now ...
    That's not the half of it, either. Frustrated users continuously crank out new forum threads on what's wrong, some other users are (rightfully) complaining that the forum threads are evolving into bash/flame NI parties (when the frustrated users need to (rightfully) vent). Even the moderators are taking some of those frustrations as personal digs against themselves which has resulted in at least one accusation of censoring when a thread becomes locked.

We need an intervention. :eek:

Tech Guru

I am really surprised how buggy and imperfect 1.1.1 is.
    I mean all this time and beta tests and final testing stages and makes me wonder how many people are on their beta testing team..? Maybe 5?

I'm thinking of just going back to Traktor 3.4
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Wizard

From what I've gathered, it seems that the beta testers have caught alot of the issues we are experiencing.
    The problem seems to be the developers don't immediately fix the issues when caught, they instead mark them to be fixed on the next upcoming release.

Just a flag. I started yesterday with TPro 1.02.. Doesnt seems so buggy for the moment... I'll give a deeper try tonight in order to be sure It won't crash on saturday night
    DJ rig : MacBookPro 13"/2.26 (10.6.4) + Echo Audiofire 2 + VCI-100 SE (3.5.1 tsi) + Traktor Pro (1.2.6)
    If you want to know more about my music : www.myspace.com/ooneymusic

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    I am really surprised how buggy and imperfect 1.1.1 is.
    I mean all this time and beta tests and final testing stages and makes me wonder how many people are on their beta testing team..? Maybe 5?

I'm thinking of just going back to Traktor 3.4
    With everything i have heard from the NI forum and comments on our forum i have been holding off going on to TPRO for sometime, but to be honest i think im going to stick with 3.4 till everything is sorted so 2020??

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by slyooney View Post
    Just a flag. I started yesterday with TPro 1.02.. Doesnt seems so buggy for the moment... I'll give a deeper try tonight in order to be sure It won't crash on saturday night
    I was gigging with 1.0.2 since it came out and had no issues at all. This intermittent crashing with the midi devices is a new feature in 1.1.1

Don't update!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I was gigging with 1.0.2 since it came out and had no issues at all. This intermittent crashing with the midi devices is a new feature in 1.1.1
    Don't update!
    Or if you have the option of a second computer, I would use that to test out 1.1.1 before installing it on your performance machine.
    Last edited by Fresh; 02-25-2009 at 08:54 AM.

Tech Mentor

Maybe it's just me and Slooney but I've never had any problems with Traktor Pro.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast