VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 20
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Hi all,
    Been using DJTT VCI maps for some years and never had a problem breaking the chain for fx when importing. Always big import out after new tsi added and double load with big import in. I can't get this fx chain to break whatsoever. Very strange as I had no issue with 4.0. Anyone had a problem? Is there something i'm missing? Have the presets been altered in this mapping? May have to go back to 4.0 and live with the bugs as i can't resolve this. Any suggestions?

I'm using 1.4 fw with Traktor 2.0.3 on Mac. 2.1.1 too broken imo.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Kem View Post
    Hi all,
    Been using DJTT VCI maps for some years and never had a problem breaking the chain for fx when importing. Always big import out after new tsi added and double load with big import in. I can't get this fx chain to break whatsoever. Very strange as I had no issue with 4.0. Anyone had a problem? Is there something i'm missing? Have the presets been altered in this mapping? May have to go back to 4.0 and live with the bugs as i can't resolve this. Any suggestions?

I'm using 1.4 fw with Traktor 2.0.3 on Mac. 2.1.1 too broken imo.
    Could you please explain what you mean by "breaking the chain for fx when importing"?

Also, I would recommend upgrading to Traktor 2.1.1 as a few users mentioned issues with this mapping on older v2 Traktor Pro software but that was fixed for everyone I've heard back from by upgrading Traktor. I am also curious what bugs you were experiencing with 2.1.1 that made it unusable to the point of downgrading to 2.0.3 if you want to share.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Tech Mentor

Hey fella, any news on the overlay?

Tech Guru

Thanks for your reply Chris.
    Breaking the chain is probably not the the best phrase. Basically the presets won't load as expected. Getting an awful combination on the the 4 preset buttons currently. Double big imported countless times now but no success.

The biggest issue for me was time code failing on the right deck, albeit intermittently. Has happened a couple of times at home and once at a gig whereby it refused to calibrate at all. It stayed in waiting despite switching of cables, carts, vinyl etc. No probs in 2.0.3 and according to the forums i'm not the only user with this issue. There are a host of other bugs which wouldn't have been a deal breaker but the time code is.

2.0.3 currently set up on a different user. Desperate for 2.1.2 as the new time code has arrived but will only work from 2.1.1.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Yes, Fader FX was changed to use one FX bank instead of two. I totally understand your reasoning for needing two, the change was made mainly to accommodate other FX controllers such as our Midi Fighter. This change made the mappings work together more smoothly. If it is a major issue for you I would use klaemo's change for now. If I have some time in the future, I will try to update klameo's mapping on that with the new changes I made in the updated version. Thanks for your feedback.
    Done!

If I didn't miss anything, this should be version 4.1 but with the old 3.6.4 FaderFX behavior.
    btw, should I start a seperate thread for my mapping? I think, it would make it easier to maintain the two versions.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by brianpkelly@hotmail.com View Post
    hey im using Klaemo's version because i like being able to apply effects to each deck independently but i think ive found a bug id like to confirm:
    in fader fx mode touching the right jog wheel should immediately engage fx unit 2 for deck b. (touching the platter of the left deck while in fader fx mode, turns on fx unit 1 for deck a)

but touching the platter of the right deck while fader fx mode does not turn on effect unit 2......effect unit 2 is turned on when REMOVING my finger from the platter.

do you get this behavior?

thanks by the way for sharing this version with me!
    I just fixed this, try the new version attached to this post.
    that was a really obscure bug, though.
    Last edited by klaemo; 11-24-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Tech Wizard

My jogwheel can only seek through the track if i hold shift. Is it meant to be like that.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz View Post
    My jogwheel can only seek through the track if i hold shift. Is it meant to be like that.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpkelly@hotmail.com View Post
    hey im using Klaemo's version because i like being able to apply effects to each deck independently but i think ive found a bug id like to confirm:
    in fader fx mode touching the right jog wheel should immediately engage fx unit 2 for deck b. (touching the platter of the left deck while in fader fx mode, turns on fx unit 1 for deck a)

but touching the platter of the right deck while fader fx mode does not turn on effect unit 2......effect unit 2 is turned on when REMOVING my finger from the platter.

do you get this behavior?

thanks by the way for sharing this version with me!
    edit: see two posts above, i just fixed this
    Last edited by klaemo; 11-24-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Updated to the latest version of traktor and it does seem to be quite buggy compared to the previous version. That aside, everything seems to be working correctly except my pitch faders. The faders work but once you move em they jump to a high range and wont center unless you hold shift and move the fader. I've noticed this fader behavior with previous mappings and Im beginning to think that maybe the vci didn't accept the firmware correctly. My pitch faders only worked properly on the first mapping once the firm was reversed engineered and the HD firm was released. Every mapping after that, my pitch faders operated incorrectly.
    Last edited by SHUJINCELL; 12-02-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: left out type of fader (pitch)

is anyone else having their VCI-100 freeze while using Fader FX?

I just upgraded to Traktor Pro 2 last night and tried it out with this mapping. I had the same issue before the upgrade and was hoping this would fix it.

Vista
    FW 1.4
    Traktor Pro 2

Anyone found a fix?
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

I'm using this mapping (4.1) with a VCI 100 (FW 1.4) in Traktor Pro 2 (2.1.1) and it's been working perfectly for several weeks.