Show Your Setup Part II - Page 75
Page 75 of 125 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I know you can use it to process any sound I sometimes use it with my hardware synths but its in my guitar rig
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

Tech Guru

Finally after 3 years of just wanting to have notebook for DJing (I've been using my work's Dell since 2008 at bedroom and house parties) now I have my Macbook and I will start to rock outside

So here is my actual setup:
    Macbook Pro 13" early 2011
    NI Traktor Pro 2
    iPad 1 16gb wifi only
    Numark DJIO
    Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
    Konkreet Performer iPad app - Mapped to FX 3&4 only
    NI Kontrol x1 - Default mapping
    Korg NanoKontrol - Used to practice 2 channel internal mixing (trying 4 band EQ but not used to it yet)
    Behringer DJX400 mixer - Used to practice 2 channel external mixing
    Namba Big Producer Bag
    M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2 - I was using to control traktor with a mapping based on Ean's one but it has a too big footprint and no led feedback so now I'm saving it to use it when I start to produce
    Shitty C3Tech 2.1 audio - This will be the next thing that I will replace... I'm looking for some cheap but good stereo system here in Brazil

Here the pictures:

Next purchases would be new monitors (KRK Rockit RP5) and Xone:K2 next year to replace the Korg NanoKontrol and Numark DJIO.
    Maybe in the future I will buy a 4 channel mixer too something in the DDM4000 price range.

That's it for now. I will follow photojojo steps and do a homemade audio+video recording of my workflow to promote myself to some key people who doesn't have a clue what is mixing with an iPad

I'm really happy to post here for the first time

It is posts like yours V-Hoff, that deserve its own thread. There are many here like it, where users are doing uncanny things and there is a lot of discussion about it.

Come on DJTT! You really have a good opportunity to do your users a favor by creating a "Show your setup and/ or workflow" forum. Let's do it!

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

its under discussion
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Finally after 3 years of just wanting to have notebook for DJing (I've been using my work's Dell since 2008 at bedroom and house parties) now I have my Macbook and I will start to rock outside

So here is my actual setup:
    Macbook Pro 13" early 2011
    NI Traktor Pro 2
    iPad 1 16gb wifi only
    Numark DJIO
    Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
    Konkreet Performer iPad app - Mapped to FX 3&4 only
    NI Kontrol x1 - Default mapping
    Korg NanoKontrol - Used to practice 2 channel internal mixing (trying 4 band EQ but not used to it yet)
    Behringer DJX400 mixer - Used to practice 2 channel external mixing
    Namba Big Producer Bag
    M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2 - I was using to control traktor with a mapping based on Ean's one but it has a too big footprint and no led feedback so now I'm saving it to use it when I start to produce
    Shitty C3Tech 2.1 audio - This will be the next thing that I will replace... I'm looking for some cheap but good stereo system here in Brazil

Here the pictures:

Next purchases would be new monitors (KRK Rockit RP5) and Xone:K2 next year to replace the Korg NanoKontrol and Numark DJIO.
    Maybe in the future I will buy a 4 channel mixer too something in the DDM4000 price range.

That's it for now. I will follow photojojo steps and do a homemade audio+video recording of my workflow to promote myself to some key people who doesn't have a clue what is mixing with an iPad

I'm really happy to post here for the first time
    How do you use the nano kontrol? I have one lying around but I don't use it for much. Would like to have some effects set up on it though.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by decon View Post
    How do you use the nano kontrol? I have one lying around but I don't use it for much. Would like to have some effects set up on it though.
    I used to have two nanokontrols, one for mixer and one for FX. Now I have only one to use as midi mixer since the other one was given to a good friend to start playing with ableton

I've mapped the FX one this way:
    Knobs 2 3 and 4 control FX1 Select
    Fader 1 FX1 D/W
    Faders 2 3 and 4 for FX1 amount
    Top Buttons 2 3 and 4 for FX1 on toogle (you can change the buttons to toogle on NanoKontrol Editor)
    Same mapping to 6~9 channels on nanokontrol
    Nothing fancy, but gives you the flexibility to change FXs on the fly and practice with them a lot...

I've used the faders for amount instead of the knobs because they feel much better then those tiny knobs, and on the dark, it's hard to see the knob center on black nanokontrols

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    It is posts like yours V-Hoff, that deserve its own thread. There are many here like it, where users are doing uncanny things and there is a lot of discussion about it.

Come on DJTT! You really have a good opportunity to do your users a favor by creating a "Show your setup and/ or workflow" forum. Let's do it!

scamo
    It would be good to keep the track of our evolution in our own workflow.
    It would be like my DJ diary or something lol

I wish I had some videos of me playing with my old Oxygen and nanokontrol only, It was fun to play with the slicers when they came out.
    I was overusing it though, not so good to listen as was good to play haha

Added a Midi Fighter, Loving the IG mapping and how I can make tracks sound like transformers now!
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Default Re: Show Your Setup Part II

its under discussion
    I have sent Zach and E an email, waiting on their 2 cents.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    I have sent Zach and E an email, waiting on their 2 cents.
    Thanks! I sent Ean an email too.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.