Show Your Setup Part II - Page 10
Page 10 of 125 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    The hotcues and screen are great but I'm not gonna lie, its all about the glow ring.
    +1 on that. I've played around with both and the screen on the 2k make it way better than the 900.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
    +1 on that. I've played around with both and the screen on the 2k make it way better than the 900.
    Ive still never played on 900's and my short time on the 2k's dosent add upto much as it was supposed to be me having a shot at hooking them up to traktor lol
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dejavoo View Post
    Nothing wrong with good old fashioned mixing mate, dont get me wrong i love my s4 but after coming from vinyl i find im just hitting sync alot as its there and then playing with effect and cuts more, if i could afford cdj2000s i would go down that route as cheaper tunes mp3 etc but with the sense of mixing still. Btw nice clean setup
    thanks man . yea its just a different feeling for me when I use CDJ's. maybe its the glowing red rings that only show in cdj mode and not in midi mode I think that mastering CDJ's is really something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboibbp View Post
    How are those treating you in midi mode? looking to pick up a pair myself for backups
    I love NDX 800's. I think theyre very versatile. the fact you can switch from midi to cdj is like getting the best of both worlds in terms of controllerism and "almost" vinyl feel. You can actually map almost 99% of all the features. also it has little quirks like a reverse button that you can map to iceverb effects to do mini buildups. or the extra funky buttons for even more effects, cuing, and looping mash ups, and thats not including mapping the other deck....... *end ndx 800 review*. well its pretty good man. I just have to say its worth every penny if u ever decide to get a pair.

The hotcues and screen are great but I'm not gonna lie, its all about the glow ring.
    +1 amen to that.

Progressive Dutch House
    Tumblr Music Blog
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Ive still never played on 900's and my short time on the 2k's dosent add upto much as it was supposed to be me having a shot at hooking them up to traktor lol
    I would love the 900s if I hadn't ever seen 2000s. Comparing the 900s to the last gen stuff makes them fantastic, but side by side with a 2000 you start wondering things like why Pioneer decided to keep using screens from TI-83s knowing that they can do so much better.

But that might just be me, I can't be satisfied with something if I know there's a bigger, shinier version of it out there that I could have instead.

I would love the 900s if I hadn't ever seen 2000s. Comparing the 900s to the last gen stuff makes them fantastic, but side by side with a 2000 you start wondering things like why Pioneer decided to keep using screens from TI-83s knowing that they can do so much better.

But that might just be me, I can't be satisfied with something if I know there's a bigger, shinier version of it out there that I could have instead.
    Do you drive a Ferrari? haha JK. My mind thinks the same way, but my wallet seems to not want to join the program.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

I'm surprised the NDX800s didn't get much fanfare here given their cost and capabilities. I used them for a few months and absolutely loved them. Jog wheel texture really sucked though.

Tech Convert

Default I Love Gear!!!!!!!

Just thought Id post some new updated pic,

Last edited by tekki; 08-15-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    Allen&Heath xone 4d, denon DN-S3700, kontrol X1, NI Maschine, korg Kaoss pad, Korg Kaossilator pro, Traktor Pro, Mac Pro Quad 3ghz12gig, Cyberpower Quad 8 gig, Akai apc40 , Akai apc 20, Akai mpk25,Akai MPC32, Bryston amp 4bsst, RME fireface uc, Presonus centeral station, Rane Audio Analyzer, Velodyne hgs15 sub, fostex monitors, Tyler Accoustics monitors, ableton live 8 suite,:D

Tech Mentor

tons of gear

Somebody loves Akai........

Even the screen on the 1000 mk3 is way better than that of the 900 in my opinion and it's 3 years older than the 900.

And I'm the same way as you, I just want to have the best...unless it conflicts with my wallet which is usually the case.