Your expectations for the near future - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Yeah, I have two that I gigged on once. The platter is like a beer coaster and the pitch fader is wonky. Also the FX knobs are notched=stupid.
    They came soooo close to making a fantastic controller but I only use them for occasional practice and custom FX controller at home.
    I want some like the Otus but a tad smaller and less like an 80s microwave touch surface. meh
    who would you like to see this from?

amidoinitrite

Yeah, I have two that I gigged on once. The platter is like a beer coaster and the pitch fader is wonky. Also the FX knobs are notched=stupid.
    They came soooo close to making a fantastic controller but I only use them for occasional practice and custom FX controller at home.
    I want some like the Otus but a tad smaller and less like an 80s microwave touch surface. meh
    :eek: :eek:
    the SC2000 has, by far, the best platter and pitch on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    The platter on there is microscopic... doesn't really fit the bill.
    not to sure why you'd want a bigger platter on a compact controller.
    It would kind of defeat the purpose.

My dream for the last few years is to see numark release a remake of the HDX or the CDX.... no 7 in platter but a full sized unit... thats all i need. NO ITCH either!

Quote Originally Posted by amidoinitrite View Post
    not to sure why you'd want a bigger platter on a compact controller.
    It would kind of defeat the purpose.
    Probably because the discussion wasn't about a compact controller.

The allen & heath xone dx2. (hopefully hooking up with traktor)
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by amidoinitrite View Post
    :eek: :eek:
    the SC2000 has, by far, the best platter and pitch on the market.
    I've used quite a few and as far as midi goes the Numark NDX800 was a friggen sweet fader for the low-end midi controls --.01 accuracy control. Smooth as butter and consistent unlike the erratic up and down pitch values from Denon.
    I don't really want a compact controller. Honestly would like something between compact and full CDJ size. Just out of necessity I bought the 2000s (for my work abroad) but don't use them anymore. There's a poor Filipino guy that works in my apartment that is always asking about them. I see a gift in the future Anyway, they have been a constant headache for unpredictable behavior. Sometime traktor doesn't recognize them and I have to play USB switchboard games to get them working. Along with a much delayed firmware....

I don;t care who makes a workable product as I'm not a brand fanatic (Excluding A&H). Just deliver the damn goods and keep your promises --something Denon did not do.

amidoinitrite

I've used quite a few and as far as midi goes the Numark NDX800 was a friggen sweet fader for the low-end midi controls --.01 accuracy control. Smooth as butter and consistent unlike the erratic up and down pitch values from Denon.
    I don't really want a compact controller. Honestly would like something between compact and full CDJ size. Just out of necessity I bought the 2000s (for my work abroad) but don't use them anymore. There's a poor Filipino guy that works in my apartment that is always asking about them. I see a gift in the future Anyway, they have been a constant headache for unpredictable behavior. Sometime traktor doesn't recognize them and I have to play USB switchboard games to get them working. Along with a much delayed firmware....

I don;t care who makes a workable product as I'm not a brand fanatic (Excluding A&H). Just deliver the damn goods and keep your promises --something Denon did not do.
    Nice.. Didn't consider the NDX800.. I was mostly referring to all these < 3in pitches you see on almost every controller.
    The mapping denon provided isn't good at all..
    I had to go through the whole .tsi to get everything working properly.
    I like denons products but I really wish they would focus more on traktor than VDJ.. thats my only grip.

A possibility for the future...
    Traktor to integrate touch-to-learn midi controls.
    It might become essential as mixers start intertwining with midi.
    I think of a x1600-like mixer in a club where the standard setup is for traktor.
    with touch-to-learn DJs can assign what they want on the fly.
    Otherwise club mixers with midi is absolutely useless(well, the midi section)
    just a thought

Whatever comes out il still be rocking the s4, such a great piece of kit
    -= DejaVoo =-

Numark TTX USB x2 / Numark m3 / Traktor S4 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Macbook

An Ableton-live centric DJ controller that will beat NI S4 (which will be tough....)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I also expect an updated DNX1600 since I just bought one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast