looks like video is coming to traktor - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default hey carlos

I bassed my assI based it on previous job adverts by NI, and possible expansions to Traktor.

Is there some inside info you can share with us? I know your friendly with the guys at NI.

I may be wrong I have said that all along, it just seems like the next logical step.

In regards to the other comments video djin can be awsome if done in the right way. Just alot of people dont put alot of imagination and creativity into video sets. However some do with amazing results

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah i totally understand. They advertised that job over 5 years ago and that recent promo does kinda have a backwards suggestion but ... not yet Tom. Still some time off, certainly not on the horizon.

Personally, id have no use for it but, theres no doubt that some people would take video capability in Traktor and make some spectacular material.

I used to be dead set against it but ive mellowed and I think if someone can make great art with it then sure, NI should be looking into it.

It always sparks the same arguments/discussion. People will claim that it will drain resources from Traktor that are better spent on the music side (which is nonesense, thats like saying if you have a Gynaecologist at a hospital then less work will be done in the fracture clinic).
    Others demand that if NI dont implement it then it will die and SSL will conquer the universe, which is nonsense. Others demand that it should be a paid pluggin which probably the most likely thing if NIs usual model is used.

Time will tell. (although time does seem to be passing by)

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

thats like saying if you have a Gynaecologist at a hospital then less work will be done in the fracture clinic
    Which IS the case if there is only a certain number of beds available

You need to expand the building before adding staff.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    You need to expand the building before adding staff.
    Lol touche'

But yeah thats the point im making. NI dont make the UI designer work on FX when he's done. A different department does it. A new department if needed.

The fracture doctor doesnt check out the ladies fu-fu if the gynecologist is in on his lunch.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The fracture doctor doesnt check out the ladies fu-fu if the gynecologist is in on his lunch.
    I've missed your witty commentary Karlos.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I've missed your witty commentary Karlos.
    Well he obviously hasn't experienced the American health care system. j/k

EDIT:
    Not saying Karlos sports a fu fu either

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    He checked out mine.........

Mudo

Resolume linking with Traktor could be done throught OSC (if they keep the osc output in v.2)

Scratching video is a +1 feature. Rumours pointing to ITCH implementing video before Bridge.

I hope Traktor implement visualization (it is not the same as video ehem) and Maschine implement video.

Two beautiful examples of right use for booth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnz49...layer_embedded

[ame="http://vimeo.com/9959096"][Audiovisual] Monomal V3 Demo on Vimeo[/ame]

Tech Guru

I'd be thrilled if Traktor would get an itunes style visualizer. Just plug it into a giant TV and instant light show.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Haven't read everything co I'm lazy ..

As long as it doesn't increase the price of the software (unlikely) then what's the problem. Don't use it if you don't want it.

If it is going to cost more money, a seperate version would be the best idea imo.
    SC | MC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast