looks like video is coming to traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    amidoinitrite

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    Video is a big deal, it's almost required for a lot of corporate styled gigs.
    touche..

I was just speaking for myself

Exactly what haze said. Video-SL is kind of a big damn deal and you know that NI is going to have to respond to what Serato is doing with their own version of Traktor with video capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

Tech Guru

Video is a "big deal" for a small subset of overall DJs. Here's hoping that if they are indeed adding video, that they do it as a plug-in so those of us that aren't interested in it can avoid it completely.

Also, although I haven't tried it, I'm betting it wouldn't be too hard to drive parameters in an app like Resolume with MIDI feedback messages from Traktor - which would allow things like parameter changes to have the look of video integration.

Video is niche and I hope that any video plugin is a paid one. I want all the money I spent on Traktor to be ploughed into making it better to DJ with.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Video is Huge imo.
    Lets be honest the average punter at a gig doesn't care about controllerisim, they just want to listen, a lot of the time they cane even see the DJ that Close! But Video - you can do some cool stuff with that!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Video and Lights should be controlled by a dedicated VJ and/or Lighting Jockey.

Most Dj's do NOT have the visual creativity needed to put on a good show with video or spend the time prepping a video show... sorry but its a fact.

I VJ and I DJ, I've done both at the same time and you lose concentration on one thing over the other every time if you are being anyway involved with the music.

Fair enough if your just going to play chart songs and want the videos for them displayed too, really REALLY tacky IMHO though.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Video is niche and I hope that any video plugin is a paid one. I want all the money I spent on Traktor to be ploughed into making it better to DJ with.
    I agree, that's what NI should do if they are gonna do video
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Tech Guru

Should be a new version of traktor IMO keep traktor pro for music traktor v pro or whatever they want to name it for the rest... They might encorperate it into pro to make it a all in one program but that will prob loose fans, I dont want my updates to include video... Im a musician not a film maker.....

Then again my version of traktor now is stable so may not want to upgrade unless they give amazing new features.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

amidoinitrite

I'll be happy if its a paid plugin!
    I want nothing to do with video

TraktorVideoScratchPro!
    I'd buy a new controller if they could provide a better MIDI mapping window with the bundled software. Otherwise phewy on video.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast