Native Instruments Kontrol X2 & S2 in Q4'11? - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I just don't think there going too make any large changes too the software in the near future, it's not even been out a year yet and I can't think of what major changes they would make.
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.

I would hope they would enable full kill for eqs

Quote Originally Posted by alexfells View Post
    I just don't think there going too make any large changes too the software in the near future, it's not even been out a year yet and I can't think of what major changes they would make.
    Yes I have a hard time seeing the need for huge new features included just now. Lots of small fixes and feature improvements, for sure. Mostly related to S4 support such as finally getting the mix key parameters bound to a shift-knob combination and better routing options for the output so it could be fed to another DAW for post processing.

ReWire and Maschine integration would be neat but best I hope this would be for 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    I would hope they would enable full kill for eqs
    Traktor doesn't do that? Man I'm learning more things I don't like about that program ever day. makes me sad man
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

amidoinitrite

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Traktor doesn't do that? Man I'm learning more things I don't like about that program ever day. makes me sad man
    I didn't know either.. I always though they did. I mix externally so I've only for a brief second seen the internal EQs.. never tried them.

anyway.. forget full kills.. I want to get rid of the browser so I can see 4 full decks..
    I hate having to bring a deck up to A or B to edit its grid or hot cues..
    I want to be able to do it all on the fly incase I need to.

Tech Guru

traktor has full eq kills, but it's a separate command from the EQ knobs (check it in the mappings editor).

it's just that none of the available EQ types doesn't do full kill by default. You could, of course, map the EQ kill to be activated at the low end of the knob ...

I'm definitely +1 for NI to give us an option to activate the EQ kills with just a checkbox, next to the EQ type selector. Still, the kills are already there - just need to map them to a button.

That's not the same though, You don't get a smooth curve, you get an n off switch followed by a steady increase.

Tech Mentor

in 95% of the cases, a -28 or -34 db eq will do just fine.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Not with my mixing style dude.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    traktor has full eq kills, but it's a separate command from the EQ knobs (check it in the mappings editor).

it's just that none of the available EQ types doesn't do full kill by default. You could, of course, map the EQ kill to be activated at the low end of the knob ...

I'm definitely +1 for NI to give us an option to activate the EQ kills with just a checkbox, next to the EQ type selector. Still, the kills are already there - just need to map them to a button.
    Not on all the eq settings if I press the kill buttons on all three knobs theres still noise getting through, it just sounds weak
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast