Native Instruments Kontrol X2 & S2 in Q4'11? - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Holy shit? What the fuck NI, that's weaksauce
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

Saying that though there are 4 eq settings I know that happends on the one I use not sure about the others but I know when I turn mine up and down you notice the difference some of them are too subtle for me
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Mentor

I'm pretty sure traktor has eq kills. I only have TP1 but I'm sure if you click the little blue light next too the eq it acts as a kill switch.
    Keylock on the sample decks would be a nice addition too the software though.
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.

amidoinitrite

Quote Originally Posted by alexfells View Post
    I'm pretty sure traktor has eq kills. I only have TP1 but I'm sure if you click the little blue light next too the eq it acts as a kill switch.
    they're talking about the knobs.. far left should = -∞db.. like most quality mixers.

and I might use sample decks more if you could adjust pitch.
    I never understood the sample decks.. might be good for cute little routines but other than that.. I'll stick with 8 hotcues!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alexfells View Post
    Traktor does have eq kills but not full kills, just looked through the manual for traktor 2 which is most likely the same as traktor 1 as im pretty sure it was the same for me in t1, 2 of the eq settings have full kill where the other 2 only kill a certain db either way if I want full sound kill thats what the volume fadder is for... The eq I use sound nice for what I mix.

As for the sample decks the reason they have no pitch lock is because they range from tempo if you are using say a 70bpm drum loop and syncing it to a 100 bpm track it will ruin the quality since it has to work so hard to keep the pitch the same, never looked into does the main pitch lock not work??
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

That's no reason for them not to include it though, you can solve that problem just by turning it off.

I thought the reason they cited was that it would put too much strain on the system with is either nonsense or traktor is insanely poorly built. Ableton manages exactly the same thing perfectly well.

Quote Originally Posted by amidoinitrite View Post
    they're talking about the knobs.. far left should = -∞db.. like most quality mixers.

and I might use sample decks more if you could adjust pitch.
    I never understood the sample decks.. might be good for cute little routines but other than that.. I'll stick with 8 hotcues!
    Except that most quality mixers don't have this. I really can't think of why you would need it so much.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Trust me bro they do these days. Even with shitty mixers. It's becoing more and more common. And it's pretty central to my style of mixing.

I can name a bunch of mixers, old and new that feature them.

DJM series is -26dB
    Xone series is -26dB
    DB4 can be set either -26dB or kill
    Vestax PMC-580Pro seems to be -12dB (!?)

My old KAM mixer had kill switches. My Korg mixer has a big knob that lets you set the EQ at different amounts.

I'd hardly call that standard!
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

I would love to see something without jogs and more buttons/kbos or maybe some xy pads.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast