Gemini CNTRL2/CNTRL7 VS S2 - ON A BUDGET
    Tech Convert

Default Gemini CNTRL2/CNTRL7 VS S2 - ON A BUDGET

Hi everyone!

Gemini DJ is coming out with 2 BRAND NEW redesigned Digital DJ Controllers around the same time the S2 gets released. I ask that you please review the links below to see what the Gemini unit really offers. Don't just assume it sucks cause its not Native Instruments. The difference between the CNTRL 2 VS CNTRL 7 being a soundcard built in.

http://geminidj.com/cntrl-7
    http://geminidj.com/cntrl-2

But each unit offers 3 cue points per deck, separate loop sections per deck like the S2 with own volume control, and an FX section. Also all your basic bells & whistles.

So what do you think? For a price of $250.00 it seems like a great deal VS the S2 $600.00 price tag. It offers a similar layout plus more midi buttons then the S2 to program and it has 2 touch sensitive platters much like the pioneer digital dj mixers that just came out. And its also more compact.

The big question ... can this unit be mapped midi wise like the S2 in Ean's video? Or is the S2 special and only that device can do what Ean did?

Thanks guys!

-R3dstar

Quote Originally Posted by r3dstar View Post

The big question ... can this unit be mapped midi wise like the S2 in Ean's video? Or is the S2 special and only that device can do what Ean did?
    i've looked at those before and i think they look potentially like good solid control surfaces...

the big diff ofc between anything non-NI and the S2/S4 is the hid mode - tho not sure how much of a gain that is apart from more accurate jogs.

the gemini's have touch sensitive jogs so there's no reason why you couldn't map like on that video.

i don't know about their midi spec but even my icon idj sends out a midi note on when u touch the jog, followed by relative/encoder messages when you move them - so long as the gemini's do the same then that's all u need to map effects like on the video afaics.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"