ICON iDJ First Impressions - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

i don't think he has an idj anyway. i may be able to help if its anything midi related
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

Default Midi Mapper for ICon iDJ

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i don't think he has an idj anyway. i may be able to help if its anything midi related
    Hi Zestoi,

I need a the mapping for VDJ 7. I thought synthet1c had developed the controllist mapping for VDJ 7?!!

But maybe you can help indeed.

if vdj specific then you really need synthet1c, i don't own vdj pro. if there's a mapping done for it though it'll be downloadable from the vdj site. i have looked at a few vdj mappings and scripts, you should be able to bash your own custom one together easily enough, depends how complex u want to go i guess.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Hey madu,

The mapping is available on the VDJ Forum to all registered pro users, It's not much good without the effects anyway as they have been integrated in almost every control in some way.

Last edited by synthet1c; 07-01-2012 at 04:14 AM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

that's a bloody impressive mapping i never did half as much with my idj just keep it around as a very small controller with a heap of controls for experimenting with. i just grabbed the SupaTrigga plugin that was linked to from one of the ones u used - as it comes in mac flavour as well as some QB plugins couldn't find a copy of Instajungle tho anywhere - the website seems dead - or being worked on anyway.

Thanks Pete, it just sucks that you don't get led feedback as it can be hard to remember where you are in the mapping at times. I never got supatrigga to work in vdj unfortunately, instajungle is temperamental but chackl's "rollit 2.0" easily replaces it and gives a much wider pitch range.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

is that rollit vst available outside of vdj? officially i mean by the authour ofc - not anything hacked. i'm hunting for vst's atm both effects and synths. using a pc is def better when it comes to availability of vst's tho the awesome synth1 is now available for mac which is cool.

Tech Mentor

Wow... this really fits what I was looking for. Very nice and compact, and lots of features to map. My S2 is really only for home use. But when traveling I love to play with my Tonium Pacemaker... but it's starting to get old, the control is limited (compared to anything Traktor), and they haven't shown any firmware updates in years. So for a nice portable controller to go with my Macbook Air when on the road, this could be great. Thanks for the thread and review.
    13" Macbook Air (OS 10.8/256GB SSD/4GB RAM) | Traktor S2
    Latest DJ Recording: The Wedding Set (40 Minute House Set)

the idj is very underrated by people here the jogs are excellent and the buttons dont feel bad. the pots are cramped but its the size that attracted me in the first place. i prefer the bigger jogs on the cdj101's now - but i'm sure i'll hang onto the idj as well. there's a lot of controls in a very small space - ideal for travelling. i saw them going for about 60quid on uk ebay a while ago too.

Tech Convert

This thread has been really helpful in making my decision for the iDJ.
    I orderded it last week and have just received the unit, but there seems to be a problem with it. The bottom of the machine does not seem to be totally straight, which causes it to be unstable and wobble. This happens especially when I touch either the lower left corner or the upper right corner of the unit. I have tried placing the controller on all kinds of surfaces, after checking them for being straight, but it makes no difference.
    Does anybody else have the same experience with the iDJ?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast