Help needed on Modifying Current DJTT Mapping for VCI 100
    Tech Mentor

Default Help needed on Modifying Current DJTT Mapping for VCI 100

Hey all, Im about to take a big jump into modifiying my vci by adding 2 extra faders to control Deck C + D

Would appreciate it if some one could help with the following,

Performance Mode (Deck C + D)

I want to change the mapping so that when I turn 'Performance mode on for controlling deck C + D' The 2 faders 'DON'T' switch to control deck C + D, but just stay the same, is this easily done?

Also I need to re map the 2 centre pot knobs (currently used for headphone volume & mix (SE Edition).

Any advice would be really appreciated.

I eagerly await your replies.

Cheers, Cutta

Tech Guru

yes .. that shouldnt be too hard. the key thing is finding the right assignment. there are two approaches. either find out the command name and sort by that column to find the right assignment in the tsi.

alternatively create a new assignment and map it to the midi command for the assignment you want to change. then sort by the midi command to find the relevant assignment. once you have found it .. delete the new assignment and make the necessary adjustments.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    yes .. that shouldnt be too hard. the key thing is finding the right assignment. there are two approaches. either find out the command name and sort by that column to find the right assignment in the tsi.

alternatively create a new assignment and map it to the midi command for the assignment you want to change. then sort by the midi command to find the relevant assignment. once you have found it .. delete the new assignment and make the necessary adjustments.
    At this point it may be a good Idea to mention I have no experience of mapping so don't fully understand what you just said lol , but I do intend to learn, will sit down with traktor & my vci (when it arrives) and see if I can follow what you've put.

Thanks,

Cutta

Tech Guru

hehe .. so have a look in the manual. generally you need to open the perferences and click on the midi assignment section. there you have a table view if all the assignments, where you see what should happen with what button. i also recommend having a look at traktorbible.com.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music