VCI-300 goes Traktor 1.1.1 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Ill post my mappings a little bit later(if i have enough time) so you can see how it works. But i tested it on different pcs, it laggs like hell. Seems like 12 signals at time to blinking LED's are just too much for Traktor. Will check if there is another solution when I have more time.

Tech Convert

scrach on Hold
    scrach on Toggle

Tech Guru

you mean something like this?
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Convert

yes I mean this, but finally I had the same problem you had with the jog wheels, lose midi signal and at the end traktor loses vci and stops, I think it's a traktor problem, that's why we have the same things with leds.

Quote Originally Posted by djleokar View Post
    finaly I found it but i thing is not the right way to do it because it laggs too and my laptop is strong
    i am testing the thing with the leds right now, and i've got a macbook pro 2,4ghz, 4gb ram, it's quite a mean machine - and it lags and traktor pro sometimes loses the connection, so small audio dropouts follow and things like that... but only since i tried the fun with the leds, so i think that the led things send way too much data to the vci or traktor cannot handle it... either way - it really sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    how did you do it?
    theres a led diagram from otus (http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492), it should help you finding the right midi notes for the single leds.

now comes the tricky part:

choose output -> monitor deck afl for single channels (e.g. deck a on left led strip, deck b on right led strip) or master level left or right (depends on which led strip you're mapping). e.g. choose master level left and set the midi note to E7 (that's the bottom left led). now edit controller-range to match "0.000000, 0.100000". this tells traktor to use 10% of the output (whole range is from 0 to 1) and map it to the first led.
    then add a second led, e.g. D#7 (the second left led from the bottom) and edit controller-range to match "0.100000, 0.200000".
    repeat these steps until you have all leds lit.

i attached some pictures to illustrate the process

claudek:
    you're always keen to try out new things - could you try to map those leds and tell me if you also get some kind of audio drop outs? because i'm not sure if my dropouts come from my usb-cable (it's very loose on the 300's back) or if it comes from the whole led mapping...
    thanks in advance

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Convert

I Just did the mapping but I have drop outs, I told you above something happening with new version. There are problems also with other midi units like Cdj-400 the wheels have the same problem with vestax vci 300, when you spin them, front or back they stop playback, even if you push the playback button nothing happens. They have to pay more attention because, many of us are professionals playing in big clubs in front of hundreds of people.
    Also there are many other things in new version they didn’t fix, time stretch, browser problems, too much memory use bad tsi for many units etc. Traktor 3.4 was the best.
    I don’t Know what the beta testers do.

Tech Guru

best to report this at NI..
    For me, I could never dj like this....too unreliable.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Wizard

Sorry for the late reply, have been working until now and was not able to finish my mappings.

Morbido described the same principle, I used 1/12(0.083333) steps to be more precise though. Not sure if the real output is linear but there shouldn't be much difference I think.
    And yes it laggs like hell, as I said before, 5-6 LEDs are fine but if you add 7th it screws everything up.
    Try using Master Level Left / Right instead of Monitor and turn Blend off, it gives cool effect and should stop the lags, if I'm not mistaking, was too tired to remember. :P

And scratch works ok but if you turn it on it holds the track, its annoying. Any ideas how to make it work Itch like?

what happens if you turn off blend?

i already tried master level left/right and monitor left/right and i think both are lagging... i'm not 100% sure though, tried it in the middle of the night

what i wanted to do was putting the monitor of deck A on the left led strip and the monitor of deck B on the right strip, but first it lags and second it only shows both levels if the x-fader is in the middle, if it's right then the left strip doesn't show anything, but it should, because the monitor is playing - right?

btw, if anyone would manage it to emulate the scratching of itch then i would build a little shrine at my home with his name on it and hail to him every day

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Wizard

Blend turns only 1 LED at time, so you will see the light sliding instead of normal master level thingy. It looks different but still nice.
    The shrine sounds good. I will try to work on scratch some time soon. )

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast