Launchpad [Traktor 2] Full 4 Deck + Instant Gratification Mapping - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Quick question, how do you make layers with this type of controller if you were to just use the traktor mapping.

I am in the process of making a maschine midi mapping and am trying to toggle through layers using the A-G commands on the maschine controller, I'm new to mapping so I figured you might be able to give me some info on how to set up different pages(layers) using the controller editor and or traktor.
    the layers are handled by midikatapult. it sends out the same note/cc (i forget which) for each pad no matter what page - but sends it on a different midi channel. so they're all completely different things to map in traktor.

i don't know much about maschine (sadly ) but i'm sure you could do the same kind of thing by assigning the same note/cc to each pad in each bank, but changing the midi channel for each. tho u don't need to do that - just make sure each pad sends out something different.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Guru

OMG, I am kind of an idiot but at the same time you just made mapping make sense for me. Thank you, just looking through all the pads in controller editor I can see they all send different notes...did a little digging and after that it all makes sense. here comes my mapping

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    OMG, I am kind of an idiot but at the same time you just made mapping make sense for me. Thank you, just looking through all the pads in controller editor I can see they all send different notes...did a little digging and after that it all makes sense. here comes my mapping
    awesome welcome to the world of midi and traktor mapping... it's not all bad
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Convert

I want to get myself a launchpad to use as a sort of an all in one controller for trakor till i get myself a vci100.. anyways.. my question is, how do i modify your mapping into what i want? I've searched for quite a while now but i have found nothing on this, and the midikatapult forums are closed...

Quote Originally Posted by ManzanitaPR View Post
    I want to get myself a launchpad to use as a sort of an all in one controller for trakor till i get myself a vci100.. anyways.. my question is, how do i modify your mapping into what i want? I've searched for quite a while now but i have found nothing on this, and the midikatapult forums are closed...
    ah yep, i noticed that. it had been quite spammy for a while.

info on how to configure katapult is all in the pdf that u download. there was never all that useful on the forum except for the authors notes about the up coming version 2, which i hope will still get released as it's supposed to allow user code mods.

the katapult config changes the virtual controls and can change what midi gets sent out, most of the real work is done in traktor.

if u want to move a button say from the bottom to the top of a page then u mod the katapult layout file first, then have to edit it in traktor as it will now be sending/receiving different midi.

Tech Wizard

Ye man if you want to create your own mapping its going to require you quite some effort but then, you get the freedom to do anything you want with it. My advice though would be to just map the launchpad through traktor and to kinda keep away from katapult for now as its pretty buggy and stuff, i stopped using it myself after purchasing as it just got too annoying in my opinion. Experiment with it and just try mapping functions to launchpad buttons in traktor, its pretty straightforward, at least thats the way i learned it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Chill View Post
    and to kinda keep away from katapult for now as its pretty buggy and stuff
    there is ofc a free alternative to katapult which does all the same stuff and a whole heap more - plus means u don't have to actually use the traktor controller editor to create your custom mapping

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    there is ofc a free alternative to katapult which does all the same stuff and a whole heap more - plus means u don't have to actually use the traktor controller editor to create your custom mapping
    Oh, do tell me more.

Now that sounds interesting lol... And thanks for all the help guys, really do appreciate it

Oh, do tell me more.

Now that sounds interesting lol... And thanks for all the help guys, really do appreciate it
    download and info on midimasher is in my sig. hopefully be releasing a full(ish) launchpad mapping this weekend, tho there's already a skeleton one in the release that has 4 pages with full led recall on page switching and "twitch style" pad areas at the bottom of page1 along with a 4banks midifighter on page1 that u just use with the vanilla instant grat tsi etc

if u looked at that (config/launchpad.lua) and something like config/lpd8.lua and devices/traktor.lua you'll soon work out how to edit configs.

(some) documentation will be coming soon tho.

Tech Convert

This mapping is HUUUGE! Gotta try it out. Hopefully everything will work.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast