is it me? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: is it me?

Quote Originally Posted by chubakkaz View Post
    I'm new and I love this site!
    WELCOME FRIEND
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    Maybe a separate off-topic forum would be in place...
    +1
    Maybe a newbie forum might also be a good idea. A place where all the new guys can ask all their questions and whoever cares can answer. Those who don't care could just ignore that part, instead of posting insulting comments or gifs. I would happily try to help and answer questions there. I've also seen FAQ sections on other forums, maybe that would be an option, too?

In general, I also have the feeling that this forum has become less friendly than it once was. It's still the most friendly DJ community I know, but I still don't like that development very much. After all, people became attracted to this forum because it was an open minded place for people that the general DJ mainstream didn't see as a part of them, people interested in new ways. I kindly ask all of you to hold on to being open-minded.

I think the concensus with the newbie forum thing is that not enough people would take the time to answer. I probably wouldn't. Of course pretty much every newbie question has been answered many times on the main forum.

Forum search etc. and general forum netiquette isn't unique to DJTT - it is the same on every forum. The purpose of it all is to keep the forums readable. So posting the same thread over and over again is undesirable and should be challenged, short of OT thread hijacks and personal abuse which shouldn't be tolerated.

Pointing people in the right direction and empowering them to have the basic toolset to sort out their problems (forum search, google, RTFM etc) can only help them in the long run.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Pointing people in the right direction and empowering them to have the basic toolset to sort out their problems (forum search, google, RTFM etc) can only help them in the long run.
    This! and if someone can't tolerate being told (in a civilized way) to further investigate then why did he ask for help in the first place?

[rant]
    Personally, I don't mind helping people sort their issues, but one thing that really annoys me is being contacted privately for a "one on one map session". a) I'm not mapping it for you b) I won't answer in a place where just one user would benefit from it. Don't push it fellas, drop the "I want it now" mentality" and try the tinkering one, it's a lot more gratifying.

We are a forum, not a paid support service.
    [/rant]

That being said, I agree 100% on the self moderation proposal. Didn't we have some conduct expectations to be respected in here?

A while back I proposed one of the mods (think it was Tekki, can't remember now) to add some functionality to the report button, not just to inform spam but via adding a few options in it. Something like this:

Doing a rough translation and filtering a few options which don't apply

• Disrespect
    • Foul language
    • Wrong section
    • Duplicate (we have a pro necropost mentality over there)
    • Breaks general forum rules
    • Breaks signature rules (hello soundcloud player)
    • OT (in relation to the OP)
    • Multiple accounts
    • Another reason.

This helps a lot by allowing users relieve some of the work from the mods (I know they are taking a lot of heat) and in the end it benefits everyone. If WE want to recover the place we built, then let's get our hands dirty and make it happen, don't expect a magical solution.
    Last edited by padi_04; 07-27-2011 at 02:30 AM.

I use to be a part of another forum, they had a good system, it was called a this or that thread, where if you wanted to ask what to get then you would wait your turn and then ask
    http://www.scooterresource.com/forum...splay.php?f=23

and also maybe we could make the rules and etiquette guidelines a little bit more clear, TBO i actually havent read the rules, i dont know where they are but from what i had read form old posts before i joined i picked it up

just my 2cents

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
    I'll miss you. That should be reason enough to stay.
    are you the same bobbyland from fxpansion guru/geist forums?.if so hello buddy

just rubbed my eyes and noticed your called bobbylight

Tech Mentor

and this is still my favourite forum although im not as active anymore but am always checking it out.dont feel too down about things guys we dont have to get involved in any topics or arguments if we choose not to so its down to us to keep it interesting.

the more people on here the more you can promote yourself as a dj/producer.

dont leave earl panda.

it will be impossible to ask the mods to police as this site gets bigger and will in turn make them not contribute in the same way because of the ball-ache of cleaning up the site.(and afterall they are the mods because there input stood out in the forums).take a chill pill people and put some music on
    Last edited by calvin01; 07-27-2011 at 03:24 AM.

We may need some more volunteers soon *whistle* have not had to swing any banhammers today lol
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    this is still my favourite
    it will be impossible to ask the mods to police as this site gets bigger
    We probably all feel that way. Its up to us gentlemen.

356 reasons why

The biggest thing that gets me on this forum is OT bitching in threads.
    Useful information people try to post gets lost in a barrage of bullsh*t and instead of developing a genuinely interesting discussion turns into another lost cause.

Theres only so much policing that you mods can do and sometimes the general forum can add a whole page of threads in a day!

How about introducing some kind of reputation system on a per user basis thats stored alongside all the rest of your user stuff in the backend database? The forum can then police itself to an extent and you get quick feedback on who the potential trouble makers are.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast