is it me? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: is it me?

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    yes please...don't leave us...
    I'll miss you. That should be reason enough to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

A due post keithace, and well said Chris. The forums need some focus. I like to think I've matured and become selective in my posting - and have found there's a lot of irreverence. Maybe we need to police ourselves Chris.

(@ earlpanda - you have so much to offer EP - as a noob, you gave me patient, invaluable advice - stay 'bro)
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post

I understand the need to joke around with each other, but I think before you sarcastically say something to someone you need to think about it first. Are they a new member? Will they get the joke? The community aspect here is great and that's what attracts so many new members here, but we have to be careful. First and foremost we need to make sure that questions are answered BEFORE we start turning threads off track.

I'm going to start a more rigorous policing of some of the things mentioned above, but I would appreciate it if some of you made an effort to police yourselves a little.

Yeah I've posted some sarcastic stuff with no malicious intent but was misinterpreted nonetheless. Felt pretty bad about too. No excuses I just have a strange sense of humor that I should be aware doesn't translate well in open forums.

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    No excuses I just have a strange sense of humor that I should be aware doesn't translate well in open forums.
    One of the great aspects of this forum SP - one gets to 'learn' the quirks of the regulars - I think its often the new posters that are 'offended'.
    356 reasons why

Tech Mentor

I strongly dislike all the newbs posting stuff that can be solved through trail and error, learning the program, and RTFM.

Honestly I would rather see a thread necroed than posted 10x over.
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Tech Mentor

I've been a lurker on this site for quite a while and have been posting for about a year. This is the best DJ community I have been a part of and probably will ever be a part of. Imo, the majority of disputes are occurring due to the sheer amount of repeated threads which in turn pisses off a lot of members. IE: I have X amount to spend on DJ gear what should I buy?
    Observing this site for three years (started at 14 now 17), this site caters to DJ's, music lovers, and producers of all demographics. Let's keep it that way : )
    Last edited by Wala; 07-27-2011 at 12:47 AM.

I'm new and I love this site!

My midi fighter is nice, so is my s4 and so is DJTT!

<33333

Of course there are going to be noobs that ask silly and repetitive questions, but remember that most of us were those people once when we first dove into the world of dj'ing. I myself have asked my fair share of nooby questions and I do appreciate those of you who gave me helpful and insightful answers. If you're someone new to the forum, you're not going to know much about the search function and that some of us are a sarcastic bunch who give smart-ass answers, myself included. It is, however, not completely the new poster's faults when they get mad for smart remarks. They don't know any better. Imagine you not knowing anything and you come to a forum for help and others flame the hell out of you for what you think to be no reason. I would get pissed off but nevertheless it is still not a reason to get nearly as insulting as some people get. And yes, the noobs do get annoying from time to time but ask yourself this: would you wanna get flamed? Pretty sure most of you would say no. Dr. Phil signing off for the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
    . I myself have asked my fair share of nooby questions and I do appreciate those of you who gave me helpful and insightful answers.
    I once thought my soundcard was broken because it wouldn't cue. Little did I know that there's a button on the midi controller that says cue...

I think that every online community goes through growing pains. You get a period of when an influx of new users upset things a bit, stupid threads are posted, trolls rear their ugly heads from the great beneath. But given time, things will settle down, it won't be exactly as it was before, but a certain status quo, and along with it, order will return.

The trick is to ensure that the forum remains a nice place after this. As someone suggested, heavier moderation could be one solution, at the moment we *do* have a lot of OT-posting in threads, everything from silly .gif animations to insults and so on, maybe that has to stop to ensure that everyone gets what they want out of the forum.

Maybe a separate off-topic forum would be in place, were one could spam .gifs all day long, without fear of repercussions from the forum police. If nothing else, it might clean up the forum a bit, organize things.

Just my $0.02

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast