Output a modifier from one controller to another?

Default Output a modifier from one controller to another?

Is this possible? I have an akai mpd26, which has 16 (4x4) pads I use for cue point juggling - 8 are mapped to deck a set/store hotcues 1-8, and 8 are mapped to deck b set/store hotcues 1-8.

However, i want to be able to delete hotcues by using the shift button on my vci-100 (i think it sets mod 7=1) as a modifier read by the MPD. Is there a way to "output" the modifier condition set on one controller to another? Thus, i would hold shift on the VCI and hit a hotcue on the MPD, and it would delete that cue.

If you set the in/out ports to 'all ports' and made a unified all in one mapping, that would give you global modifiers. But to most likely outcome of that in 99.9% of cases is going to be a shitstorm of midi conflicts, so I wouldn't recommend it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

haha "a shitstorm of conflicts." CHALLENGE ACCEP- nah i'm not that crazy.

Bummer, i'll have to find some way to map around it...

Tech Guru

try looking into third party MIDI applications like Bome's. I'm not sure if it doable but I think that would be your best bet.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    try looking into third party MIDI applications like Bome's. I'm not sure if it doable but I think that would be your best bet.
    something like the full version of bomes would definately work. this is one of the reasons i started to write my own software (not finished yet). so i can just treat all of my controllers as one big control surface using any element of any to do anything i need.

you *can* however use the "all ports" method safely (mostly) so long as each device is using a different midi channel. all you need to ensure is that each device only listens to what it is supposed to.

edit: also, in your case, only the mpd26 needs to be set to "all ports"
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"