headphone recommendations - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Sweet I'll take a look at them.

these looks pretty sick, but a bit expensive... are weSC worth the money?

do a search there is a good thread about headphones with some suggestions.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Quote Originally Posted by Nate1379 View Post
    Sony MDR-V700DJ, almost an industry standard at this point.
    The MDR700s are great headphones, love them to bits, but they _will_ break on you after a year (almost) guaranteed, and they all break in the same place. Please check the headphone thread for more robust alternatives first.

I know they can break, I still have my first pair from over 5 years ago... granted it took a couple zip ties and superglue to keep them going. Same thing goes for the Pioneer HDJ-1000.
    Unless he wants to step it up $$$ wise, that problem seems accross the board for most DJ headphones in that price range. Now, the Pioneer HDJ-2000 has joints made of metal instead of plastic... but they are $349
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

Tech Mentor

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by evan_c View Post
    these looks pretty sick, but a bit expensive... are weSC worth the money?
    I've got the WESC STRECH ARMSTRONG'S, i cant really complain about them, i will say they are not the most subtlest (plenty of colours to pick as well)

As for the sound quality . . . They are good, they have big head cans so it does deafen 'outside noise'.

The only thing i've noticed with them is after prolong use they begin to be a tad uncomfortable, but i could just have an unusual head shape

The cord length is good and long, its coiled too which i like as i wont get in the way but still gives you the length to move around.

Hope this helps.

I did have the Sony's but they did break after around 18 months. However treat them like a baby and they will last.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by evan_c View Post
    I'm looking to purchase a set up headphones, preferably around the $100 mark. Look is essential but sound quality even more so. Let me know what you guys are using and if you have any recommendations.
    ive had a pair of sennheiser hd 280 pro headphones for about a year now. i like them. they are comfortable to wear for a long time, they have good flat monitor sound response so you hear everything but not too much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DJFAR View Post
    these are the ones i use and they work perfectly fine

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V300-.../dp/B00001W0DD
    I haven't been djing for very long and wanted to get a cheap pair of headphones to get things rolling. I bought a pair of Gemini's for $10 which seem to be identical to the Sonys DJFAR has

http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-DJX-03/...4907793&sr=8-1