headphone recommendations - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

they suck for djing... try something else!
    MacBook Pro late 2009 3.06ghz, 4GB RAM, 500gb HD @ 7200 RPM, Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 6, VCI 100, Audio 8 DJ

just been bought some AKG K181 headphones cant tell you what they are like yet till 25th Dec!

Tech Mentor

Yo stu that sucks =/

Hi guys, my advice for the producer/DJ:

The Beyer Dynamic DT-770 Pro or the Beyer Dynamic DT-770 2005 Edition.
    So far the awesomest headphones I have listened to.

(Maybe a tad warm on the Bass, but still the best for me!)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

I have the Pioner hdj1000.
    Good sound but heavy, ugly and emmm... ugly .
    Only reason I got them is because I got them for free and the bass is quite good in them.

I recommend the hd25 alot of my friends and colleagues have them and they have brilliant sound, good comfort and good looks. Do not know about isolation though, anyone else knows?

Some guys/DJs I know swear by them, though I cannot stand the part that you wear them on your ear, instead of over? :eek:
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Ive tried so many, including beyer dynamics... and the Sennheiser, but I have not found a better DJ headphone that the Technics RPDJ 1210. The sound is very flat, crisp (clear) even if turned to max due to a loud club and shitty monitors, these will do the trick and not hurt your ear. All the bass, mids and highs are hearable. They are comfortable, and very easy to bring along as they fold into half size... I will never ever get another pair for djing, never ever (and I have tried so many in my life)

I had a couple of Sennheisser HD25 which got a blown bass when I forgot they were connected and the master was at max (dont ask why... lolz)... did the same with these fine headphones, and nothing happened to them

Ill add my .2 here.....

I've had the same pair of Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones for about 4 years now give or take. Throughout all the parties, friends and sessions these have been through they still work perfectly. The only problem that has occurred is that some plastic has chipped off of the outer headband at both ends. It in no way affects fitment, comfort, performance or usefulness. They still sound great and fit much better than many headphones that Ive had the chance to use. Plus they block out quite a bit of the outside noise and feature an over the ear and not on the ear cup. They work really well when split cueing too if you happen to do that. Anyway for anywhere between $100-$200 or so you cant go wrong.

Tech Wizard

Default Headphones under $50

I'm still hung up over what headphones I should get. Specifically, I want a DJ-style form with single-cord entry, closed circumaural earcups with flexibility (swivel), foldable/collapsible design, and maybe a detachable cord.

Also, because I'm just starting, I'm sticking to the rock-bottom budget price range (to illustrate, I purchased an X-Session Pro controller and DJ|iO interface as part of my setup). I was hoping I could find a decent pair of headphones with the above characteristics for under $50. Sadly, all the qualifying products from the big names (Sony, AKG, Stanton, Audio Technica, Sennheiser, Pioneer, Technics, Denon) are outside of that range, so it's more of a challenge to pick the right one.

Instead, I've compiled a list of brands including Maxell, Gemini, Behringer, Citronic, Pyle, Koss (though I'm not sure if UR29/UR20 qualifies), Coby, Creative, Audiology, Yamaha (again, not sure if RH3C qualifies), Nady, Marathon, Numark, American Audio, and Kam. I'm unfamiliar with most of them, so I don't know how they stack up in terms of quality for the price.

I'd like you guys to provide input on this matter. With these requirements and constraints in mind, what would you suggest? Many thanks.

check out price grabber and do a search for dj headphones. I would say save some cash, about $110 and go to GC and get some technics headphones.

http://musical-instruments.pricegrab.../sortby=priceA
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast