opening MFpro - changing arcade buttons - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What happens if you need to manually re boot the MF Pro,
    you will have to open it up yeah?
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Id say its the same with anything electronic: open the case and lose the warranty.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

So what happens if you can't get the MF Pro into bootloader mode via the four buttons/updater

Does that mean you have to send the unit back to DjTechtools,
    because you can't open it without making the warranty void
    That seems a bit stupid
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Quote Originally Posted by willinfluence View Post
    So what happens if you can't get the MF Pro into bootloader mode via the four buttons/updater

Does that mean you have to send the unit back to DjTechtools,
    because you can't open it without making the warranty void
    That seems a bit stupid
    i dont think so. the MFpros have a small button soldered to the bootloader mode on the pcb, so it's just removing the bottom plate and pressing a button when starting up.. i guess you can do this on your own, without vioding the garantee.. not sure though!!
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I never said opening the case would void the warranty, we do not use any tamper detection stickers or anything like that.

It just needed to be made clear to people that if they damage their midi fighter trying to modify it or totally disassembling it they cannot expect us to replace it.

We will of course do everything we can to help people in this situation but any shipping or replacement parts required is likely to be at their cost.

any chance of a diagram of where to de-solder if you want to change buttons? And will it not function without being re-soldered?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

I opened my cue master and didn't see any solder on the buttons anywhere... Everything very easily came apart and was put back together no prob. After reassembly I tested it to make sure everything worked fine. It did.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

The clip closest to the corner with no screw is soldered.

The best method for removal is to undo all the screws, careful pry the other corners up of the clips and (a little flexing of the PCB is ok - dont go overboard though) then hold a soldering iron against the soldered arcade terminal while lifting upwards and it should come free.

Some of the first units to go out did not have this mod, also units made following today have a fourth corner screw and therefore do not have any clips soldered.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Some of the first units to go out did not have this mod, also units made following today have a fourth corner screw and therefore do not have any clips soldered.
    I'll be honest, I was kinda bummed to read about the soldering solution. I'm definitely planning to switch my buttons around as I progress.

However, I have had another look at my Cue Master and I am relieved to find mine has not been soldered. I can also see why you might have soldered them, as the pins on that corner were definitely only just connecting to the buttons.

The fix though is easy enough. I just grabbed a stick-on rubber foot, stuck it to the back coverplate nearest the missing screw and trimmed it for depth so that when I screwed the backplate back on it pushes the board into position.

I'll post a pic or two when I get the time if anyone's interested.

so if i desolder that pin i've no warranty left??
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast