MidiFighter styled mapping on my APC40, problems with "sluring" my buttons. :/ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

I think I have the same problem as SiniSter... Ill explain it in my own words though, so tell me if I'm right.

Im basically trying to map Serato style "Loop Roll" buttons to my controller using the Beatmasher 2 to get the desired effect. I have one button that sets the effect up (selects the effect and changes some parameters), then the 4 main mash buttons that turn the effect on and off, as well as adjust the loop from 1/4 to 1/32. Pressing one button at a time is no problem. I can also press one button, then press and hold another until all 4 buttons are held, and my "chain" will hold together if you get what I mean. But when I release even one of the buttons, it turns off the effect wether I have other buttons held or not.

If THINK this is the same thing... so, zestoi, Im going to try your fix to see if I can get it working. But shouldnt it technically be...

* add a modifier thats set to "incr" when you press each button
    * set the same modifier to "dec" when you release(?) each button
    Ill post back with my results when Im done~

Quote Originally Posted by Kade2410 View Post
    I think I have the same problem as SiniSter... Ill explain it in my own words though, so tell me if I'm right.

Im basically trying to map Serato style "Loop Roll" buttons to my controller using the Beatmasher 2 to get the desired effect. I have one button that sets the effect up (selects the effect and changes some parameters), then the 4 main mash buttons that turn the effect on and off, as well as adjust the loop from 1/4 to 1/32. Pressing one button at a time is no problem. I can also press one button, then press and hold another until all 4 buttons are held, and my "chain" will hold together if you get what I mean. But when I release even one of the buttons, it turns off the effect wether I have other buttons held or not.

If THINK this is the same thing... so, zestoi, Im going to try your fix to see if I can get it working. But shouldnt it technically be...

Ill post back with my results when Im done~
    ah yep - indeed it should be i'll blame my mistake on something thats not my fault just as soon as i can come up with something
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

@ zestoi; No prob, just clarifying

That being said though, Ive just tried many different solutions for getting these buttons mapped out and havent been able to make anything work. I tried a few different variations on your solution, and its possible that it is the right one, but I may be missing some minor setting adjustment thats screwing up the whole thing.

For example, Im not sure what the difference is between "Effect Unit 1 ON" and "FX Single > Effect On" and which one I shuld use, how exactly I can get the modifier itself to control the 'effect on/off', and wether my effect on/off should be an In or an Out...

Theres also one other minor issue with loop rolling with beatmasher2 that compounds things; in order to pull off the effect correctly, the second parameter (which I think is labeled 'ROT') HAS to be on 0 before the effect is turned on. Ive found that if the ROT is on anything but 0, and if you have a button that turns the effect on and turns down the ROT to 0 simultaneously, it creates a weird delay before your loop begins. I think this has something to do with the order in which Traktor applies multiple commands to a button; Traktor seems to favor the on/off first.

...all this does is further confuse me as to how the midifighter does loop rolls all with one single button, including 'slurring'. The only way Ive found to get around the 'delay' is to either have the effect selected, with ROT turned down before you begin loop rolls... or to have a button that 'primes' the effect, by loading the effect, then adjusting the parameters (without turning it on)(you need to have "reset effect values when new effect is selected" UNchecked).

EDIT: Rewatching Eans video again, and I see he doesnt even use Single effects, all his effect are in Groups, including beatmasher. So, I guess using beatmasher in this way will 'cut out' the need for adjusting ROT, and basically dumb it down to the essential functions for loop rolling... handy!

Once I completely solve this, its going in the mapping tips thread.
    Last edited by Kade2410; 07-27-2011 at 01:37 AM.

"Effect Unit 1 ON" is the bit that enables an effects unit for a specific deck (as you can apply any fx unit to any/all/none of your 4 decks ofc) compared with just turning on the effects in an effects unit.

i tend to have 2 fx units in single mode and 2 in group - but i'm still trying to get to grips with what works best for me...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Default Pls!

I've been waiting for this mapping for ages, I can't figure out how to do it on my own considering the instant gratification mappings are hard for me to understand. I would greatly appreciate it if you could share this mapping, o so very much

Tech Convert

Ok, Ive been trying out some things, but I've ran into a problem.

Ive learned that my buttons that Inc and Dec my modifiers are working just fine. In the controller window, I can see the variable going up and down as I press and release buttons in any combination, as they should.

The problem I have is when I try to get Traktor to change a variable based on what my modifier condition is. It wants to apply the effect before the modifier is changed. I tried an experiment; one button with only these commands. In this case I use the 'Key' as a means of telling when my modifier is being applied:

>Modifier #1 - Button - Inc
    >Key - Mod Conditions = M1 = 0 - Button - Direct - 0.0
    >Key - Mod Conditions = M1 = 1 - Button - Direct - 0.1
    >ect...

The thing is, when I hit the button, its as if Traktor detects the Key commands before it changes modifier 1. When I press the button I want the modifier to go up, and for the Key knob to immediatly reflect that. But, since it detects to see where the Key should be first, it uses the value that the Modifier was set at BEFORE I hit the button. So the button, when I hit it, basically detects the modifier and changes the key, THEN increases the modifier, meaning the Key is always one button push behind where it should be.

Also, when I set a button to increase a modifier when pressed, and decrease when released, it only "detects" the Key commands ONCE at the beginning of the button press.

Any of this making sense? How do I get Traktor to 'detect' commands with Modifier Conditions last instead of first? As well as every time a button is pressed or released?
    Last edited by Kade2410; 08-15-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12