VCI-100 LED Mod

Thread: VCI-100 LED Mod

Default VCI-100 LED Mod

I just got my new VCI-100 yesterday. Had a play with it last night and I love it!

The only thing is that the lights seems a bit dim (seems to be a common thought about it). I have the silver version, as I'm planning to get DJTT's overlay, and like the black/silver contrast with the knobs and jogs.

Anyway, was wondering how easy is it to change the LEDs in the VCI 100? Had a look around, but can't find anything to answer a few questions I have.

1) What size/type of LEDs will I need?
    2) How many LEDs are there under buttons to replace/use?
    3) Is there more "logical" choices for colours/placements of the new LEDs to fit in better with DJTT's mappings for Traktor Pro?

Grateful for advice on this as I'm a complete noob to this, but just prodding the possibility of it.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

check out this thread :

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6900

I may do the same one day, will be very nervous about even the smallest chance of rendering it useless somehow knowing my luck though :P hehe

Hope this helps,
    fusion

Cheers mate!

For some reason, my searches didn;t come up with that posting! So it seems that buying 3mm 3.3v LEDs is all that's needed. Then simply desoldering and removing the old LEDs, and then putting the new ones in and re-soldering, ensuring polarities are right way around. Can it be that easy? Surely not!

He says.....Bound to fry my VCI trying it!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.